Feedback on Hong Kong airport lounges & Cathay Pacific luggage allowance!!!

millers

were travelling through Hong Kong airport on our way back to the UK and we have a 7 hr layover and was thinking about using the lounges that you pay for......is it worth the $160 for 3 hours for a family of 3 ??

Thanks

Virginia

Ps- Cathay Pacific luggage allowance is only 20KG each !!!! OMG- that should be interesting

The last time we had a similar layover (during the SARS epidemic) we just caught a service bus into Hong Kong all so easy and gives a nice break from being cooped up in plane /airport, I think we left our carry-on in left luggage lockers.

Yep the 20kg is a bugger, its one of the thing we look for when researching flights We recently booked flights for next May and whilst having by far, the best change-over times we opted not to fly with Cathay because of the 20kg allowance. So wear coats with big pockets and fill them with the small heavy items, I also tend to use a small nylon backpack as my carry-on and fill it to the max, the wife needs her little case. Not sure if you have 7 or 10kg carry-on with Cathay?

Safe travels.

Keith.

Travelled through HKG last June and paid for the lounge (Premium Plaza rings a bell). Compared to other airline lounges I have been in, I thought it was very poor. Food choice poor, not much space, could not really relax. Shower facilities were fine but you had to make your way outside lounge to a separate area to use them.

Wouldn't bother using them again.

Archived