Long term medical conditions?

Mazza227

My husband is going to apply for a 189/489 depending on points, but I'm a little worried about my medical as I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis last summer. I was on steroids to get under control and longer term tablets which I have now stopped taking and (touch wood) I am fine at the moment. It's difficult as it could be something that comes back every so often or it could be that I never get a flare up again. Has anyone else had similar that has worked out ok?

I will be seeing my consultant next March time and won't be needing a medical before then so maybe I could ask home for a letter or something? Trouble is like I said before who knows if I will suffer again or not?:skeptical:

When we went for medicals, we were told that if we had any conditions to provide information on: What the condition is/was, What investigations/treatment, how it effects you and what the prognosis is. Both my son and I had undergone renal investigations - I got copies of consultant letters from my GP (small cost for photocopying) and my son's consultant wrote a letter for us (no cost).

I had my medicals earlier this year. My UC didn't warrant the slightest batting of an eyelid from the Doc. Only my previous cancer and associated treatment required further evidence in support of my PR application. A further letter from my consultant oncologist cleared everything up in a few sentences. (Basically described symptoms, described treatment, and for now everything is hunky dory, just observations a few times a year).

If your UC is under control then I wouldn't worry too much about the medicals.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had ulcerative colitis since 2000 and been been on steroids and immunosuppressants on and off since then, and listed for surgery three times (but escaped in the end!). My consultant wrote me a letter summarising my history which I took to the medical and the medical was referred as expected, but then after two weeks our visas were granted which was a relief for sure. I was expecting to be asked for further tests or info but obviously not required. I'm sure that you'll be OK.

Archived