'Backyard Ashes!' I wonder if this movie will be any good? Set in Wagga Wagga, 8.30 on Fox.

MARYROSE02

The SMH gave it a good review so I might tape it.

'A smash hit straight out of Wagga Wagga, this acclaimed comedy sees an Aussie larrikin take on his Pommy neighbour in an all-important game of backyard cricket.' (The blurb on Foxtel, not SMH.)

PS How do you say 'Wagga Wagga' without being accused of racism?!

'A smash hit straight out of Wagga Wagga, this acclaimed comedy sees an Aussie larrikin take on his Pommy neighbour in an all-important game of backyard cricket.' (The blurb on Foxtel, not SMH.)

Sounds good, I'd watch it.. :wink: Sorry for being thick, but what do you mean about the Wagga Wagga bit? not familiar with the term.. :confused:

I wonder what the age threshold is for understanding what "tape it" means. Is anyone out there still using video or audio tape lol?

No, you are not thick! It's pronounced with an 'o' sound, as in 'bog' not an 'a' sound as in 'bag!' They don't usually say both 'Wagga's' either. just 'Wagga.' I've only been there once too.

Australian place names are hard to pronounce properly, especially as similar place names, in different states are often pronounced differently too. 'Coogee' in NSW and 'Coogee' WA, 'Albury' in NSW, and 'Albany' in WA, for eg.

Somebody will probably pull me up too!

I wonder what the age threshold is for understanding what "tape it" means. Is anyone out there still using video or audio tape lol?

I never thought of that! It's on Foxtel so I just press the 'record' button, and add it to the twenty or so films I have at any one time on there, but rarely get to watching. I can't record 'free-to-air' though, as I don't get those channels thru my Foxtel box.

I still persist in saying 'Hoover' when I'm (rarely) vacumning.