2 x doses of Lantus taken at same time .....

tonyman

my daughter has mistakenly taken 2 doses of Lanclin (night time ) 48 units in all .....she has been acting a little strange all night , unlike her ....phoned PMH they said to monitor her or bring her down , we have chose to monitor as she needs waking up every hour for a test ,.........in almost 3 years this has not happened ...has it happened to you and how do you deal with it ........?

Tbh I would take her in. It can be dangerous and if she is exhibiting symptoms now she could deteriorate quickly. It can induce fits and worse.

im sure you are monitoring her carefully though. I guess it depends how long it will take to get emergency help if she needs it.

if you are close to facilities less of an issue, but over half an hours drive I would play safe.

Tbh I would take her in. It can be dangerous and if she is exhibiting symptoms now she could deteriorate quickly. It can induce fits and worse.

im sure you are monitoring her carefully though. I guess it depends how long it will take to get emergency help if she needs it.

if you are close to facilities less of an issue, but over half an hours drive I would play safe.

Thanks Rammy, we had a few lows in the night but the lemonade took her back up again.......she now has some colour in her again ...i looked at some sites and its a common but dangerous thing , i dont think she will do it again though ..............thanks again RG

long acting insulin OD. Hourly blood sugar monitoring + plenty of quick acting sugars and bread - starchy veg for back up. Keep awake if overnight. Keep medical assistance on hand if signs of hypo persist.

thanks RM we did though it was a long night for us ,will have to fight it later for the football and we have also allowed her to go to the Fright Night at Adventure World as she was really looking forward to it with her friends .....http://adventureworld.net.au/#/news-events/fright-nights-2014/