what is average timeframe for getting visa

AnxiousMum

Guest aussiewannabee

Hi welcome to pio.

Visa applications vary from one to the other, if you look at different peoples timelines you should get a rough idea as to how long it takes. currently looking at 7 months but you never know, some poeples are taking longer, all depends on the time it them to clear you.

I have posted our timeline to get you started.

04/09/07 Agent appointed.

16/11/07 Skill assesment sent to tra.

20/12/07 passed skill assesment.

05/02/08 Visa 175 lodged (online).

15/03/08 Went to skill expo in london.

22/03/08 Got job from expo.

27/03/08 Police checks applied for.

31/03/08 Medicals done.

02/04/08 Dr rang, meds fine.

04/04/08 meds sent to lcu.

10/04/08 Recieved contract of employment.

11/04/08 Meds Finalised.

Guest aussiewannabee

sorry I forgot to say that we are waiting for police checks, and then waiting for them to grant us the visa.

Guest aussiewannabee

Hi yes some can, I suppose it depends on how quick you can do all the relevent things, some poeple`s threads I have read say that they started 2 years ago, but when you read there timeline, there is months of nothing happening I.E say they would appoint agent in jan 06, then they would send tra off in june 06, but then wait to send off visa application til say april 07, so it just depends on how quick you want to do things. I would say that looking at other peoples timelines that if you are on the ball and you are in a position to do things back to back, then i would say between 6-9 months. But still it all depends on the aussies as to how quick they deal with you.

Hope this helps and good luck with yours.

Aussie.

Guest Marianne

Hi there,

We are with an agent that we appointed Mid November last year. We are having to get a skills assessment which can take up to 3 months to be approved before we can start the Visa process. We were quoted a complete timeline form start to finsh of approximately 15 months for our Visa to be granted. Unfortunately it took us an extra couple of months to get all our assessment paperwork done so we are already adding 2 months on.

It really depends on the type of Visa you are going for and skills assessments and whether you do it on-line or with an agent ....so many different things to factor in.

Anyway, when you do get the Visa finalised I think you have 12 months from the date of your meds and police checks to go over. I might be wrong on that so don't quote me.

My agent said in November that there was about a 6 month wait before you get a case officer assigned and then it takes about 3 months, so about 9 months if its all straight forward (not including any skills assesment, English tests etc that may be needed).

Waffled on a bit, sorry about that hope it helps though,

Good luck

Marianne

Archived