ACS RPL finished - What next?

dunesurfer

Hi,

Hope everyone is well and thank goodness the summer started. I will appreciate if people can answer all or some of my questions.

I want to understand the steps, and costs involved after a successful RPL, to apply for Permanent residence.

I've submitted my ACS RPL so I am waiting for the outcome. So let's assume it's successful.

(I have no ICT degree with more than 8 years IT experience)

I want to know what happens after the RPL.

Should i do another skills assessment, or is a successful RPL enough for an application to Permanent Residence?

I am in ACT and can get a 190 state sponsored visa. (The ACS skills assessment was holding me back)

Will the RPL be enough?

To get nominated by the state for a 190, it will costs another $300 to ACT. Then I assume, once accepted for state sponsorship, the +-$5000 for PR which is next? (I feel milked into near financial ruin in this country so that's something for another topic)

Once I get Permanent residence, can I apply for citizenship immediately after? (I've been living in Australia for 4 years, and I understand that counts?

Thank you in advance!

The only question I can answer is the last one - you are eligible for citizenship if you've lived in Australia for 4 years immediately prior to application, including one year as a PR. During the 4 years, you can't spend more than 12 months outside Australia, with no more than 3 months outside Australia during the year prior to application.

Hi,

Hope everyone is well and thank goodness the summer started. I will appreciate if people can answer all or some of my questions.

I want to understand the steps, and costs involved after a successful RPL, to apply for Permanent residence.

I've submitted my ACS RPL so I am waiting for the outcome. So let's assume it's successful.

(I have no ICT degree with more than 8 years IT experience)

I want to know what happens after the RPL.

Should i do another skills assessment, or is a successful RPL enough for an application to Permanent Residence?

If your RPL is successful, you have obtained a positive skills assessment and don't need to do another one.

I am in ACT and can get a 190 state sponsored visa. (The ACS skills assessment was holding me back)

Will the RPL be enough?

Perhaps not - you may find that you're short of the required 60 points.

You may find that you won't be able to claim all of your work experience for experience points. The skills assessment notification from the ACS will say something like "Skill Level Requirement Met Date" and only experience gained after that date can be claimed for points. 8 years are usually deducted for RPLs so whether you can claim points for experience will depend on how many years you have in excess of that.

To get nominated by the state for a 190, it will costs another $300 to ACT. Then I assume, once accepted for state sponsorship, the +-$5000 for PR which is next? (I feel milked into near financial ruin in this country so that's something for another topic)

When you have a positive skills assessment and 60 points on the points test AND IELTS results for the English points (if any) you are claiming, you submit an EOI for which there is no charge. You can apply to the ACT for sponsorship before or after submitting the EOI. When sponsorship is granted, you will receive an invitation to apply for the 190 visa. When you lodge the visa application, that's when you must pay the Visa Application Charge.

Once I get Permanent residence, can I apply for citizenship immediately after? (I've been living in Australia for 4 years, and I understand that counts?

If you've been in Australia legally for 4 years without any break between successive visas, the latter years are eligible to meet part of the the residence requirements but you can't apply for citizenship until you have held a permanent visa for at least 12 months. During the 4 years immediately before applying, you must have spent no more than 12 months in total outside Australia including no more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately before applying.

Thank you in advance!

Answers in red above.

Edited by Ozmaniac