NSW regions

ravi201

Is there any body who knows about the regions in NSW.I am planning to apply for a 489 visa to NSW.I am thinking about applying from Murray.I am chef with lots of experience and qualifications.Out of Murray ,Riverina,New Inland and Orana which is the best region to land a good job?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to do a bit of Googling to see where these regions are in NSW and the major cities - Wagga Wagga, Dubbo, Armidale, Tamworth, Moama, (can't remember already which region is which.) You don't have to live in the biggest towns in the area, of course, and as a chef, I guess you could get jobs in pubs and restaurants in any town? I remember talking to a chef in St George in Queensland who told me that he moves around Australia, taking jobs, then moving on again.

Some of the smaller towns can seem remote, but it depends what you want. I don't know Moama, though it sounds nice, but I've been to the other four cities. They are all OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is there any body who knows about the regions in NSW.I am planning to apply for a 489 visa to NSW.I am thinking about applying from Murray.I am chef with lots of experience and qualifications.Out of Murray ,Riverina,New Inland and Orana which is the best region to land a good job?

All these regions are strictly rural farming, In the south, Murray and Riverina are mainly big irrigation areas, In the west (Orana) it is mainly sheep. New Inland is more general agriculture, with more towns servicing it. Difficult to say which is best for work in your profession. Might suggest New Inland due to more towns and therefore more chances of work; Tamworth is quite a progressive, if somewhat small, city...

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived