Can an approved 187 sponsor company sponsor a 457?

iloveaussie

Hello

i am on a 457 visa and looking for a company to take over this by nominating me

a company is keen to take me on, however the employer is an approved 187 sponsor holder, my question is, can she take on my 457 by nominating me or does she need to apply to be a 457 approved sponsor?

thank you

I've never heard of an approved 187 sponsor. As far as I know, an employer doesn't need any separation sponsorship status to nominate someone for a 187 visa, unlike the 457 visa (which requires an employer to be an approved Standard Business Sponsor). If they haven't got their SBS approval, they need to do that before they can nominate you.

I've never heard of an approved 187 sponsor. As far as I know, an employer doesn't need any separation sponsorship status to nominate someone for a 187 visa, unlike the 457 visa (which requires an employer to be an approved Standard Business Sponsor). If they haven't got their SBS approval, they need to do that before they can nominate you.

oh okay, I'm not sure on exact procedures with the 187 visa.

all I know is that she has gone through 5 girls on a 187 Perm Resident visa, and I hope that means she can sponsor me on a 457