I need help!

Brisbane or bust

Hello to everyone on PIO. We have decided to join today as we are thinking of going to Brisbane and feel it is time to talk to others in our situation. My husband and I have 2 children so know that if we go it has to be the right move. Does anybody have any comments as I am still undecided because of leaving family behind, giving up a good job(I am a nurse) and having to sell my house. We could not rent it out as the rent would not cover the mortgage. Any comments welcome.

:unsure:

Guest Guest1

Hi and welcome to pio, It would do you no harm at least filling out the first stage of the application and then seeing how you feel about leaving your family and job then.

Hi and welcome to PIO, I had similar feelings thought I was too old to start all over again and leave my dad on his own. I can honestly say we have no regrets. Apply for the 175 visa and If you're really not sure - what about taking a career break (all nhs hospitals should offer this) then you know that for a while at least you'd still have a job to come back too

Ali

Hi

I would honestly say think long & hard (if your hearts not in it dont do it)

sorry thats abit straight to the point but i think migration is the most stressful & emotional than anything i have ever experienced (i.e. divorce pregnancy etc) it could be the most stressful and/or the most expensive decision that you ever make.

But then again it could be the best decision that you make too.

What ever you decide, decide as a family unit husband & wife & children (if old enough too)

dont let other family members/friends try to push you either way

all the best

gizmo

Hi and welcome to PIO, I had similar feelings thought I was too old to start all over again and leave my dad on his own. I can honestly say we have no regrets. Apply for the 175 visa and If you're really not sure - what about taking a career break (all nhs hospitals should offer this) then you know that for a while at least you'd still have a job to come back too

Ali

Hi Ali

Thank you for your response. How did your Dad react when you broke the news to him? I think this is my main concern.

Thanks

He was upset ... but my brother had already migrated to QLD and my dad had visited and knew that it would be a great move for the kids. He also told me (which I hadn't known) that he'd had the opportunity to live/work in Rhodesia (as was), but my mum wouldn't leave her family ... he's always regretted the missed opportunity. We arrived in Jan 07, dad visited us in the August and plans to come again this Novemeber.

Ali

Archived