457 help and advice for teaching.

Michael1984

I posted last week and I got some really helpful advice. I would now like a little more advice or opinion.

As mentioned I am on a 457, but due to cuts of students and teachers it looks like I will not have a job next year. Thus I lose my sponsorship I assume? and the only way I can get another job is if I get re sponsored?

Would people recommend me contacting schools before I apply for a job and telling them of this issue? or should I wait for an interview etc?

Also does anyone know how easy it is, to transfer VIT cards to other states?

Finally, I have been looking at perhaps teaching in the territories or WA? anyone experienced this?

Any advice, help would be massive.

Many thanks, Michael

Once you are terminated you have 90 days to find another sponsor. Unless you have some absolutely astounding skill set it doesn't look promising - NT might be your better bet as teachers don't always want to move there and someone may be prepared to take a temp resident and sponsor. No shortage in ACT. But you may just have to bite the bullet and head back - at least your sponsor will pay your air fares.