Application to college in Perth

Guest carolynr6280

Guest carolynr6280

Hi

At the beginning of March I applied for a college course at Rockingham TAFE near Perth. So far I have not heard anything from them.

I was just wondering how long it took from applying to finding out whether you had been accepted. Is waiting nearly 2 months normal?? Has anyone else had a long wait??

I was hoping to start the course next Feb but have quite a few things to sort out in England before I move out to Oz so would like to find out if I have been accepted sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Guest Laura G

Hi,

I work for a migration company in Australia, enroling students onto courses, most TAFES turn applications around in 3 working days. I would assume that your application has been lost.

Contact the International Students Department, they will confirm for you.

Laura

Guest carolynr6280

Hi Laura

Thank you for your reply. I did chase them up by email a few weeks after applying but receive no response to the email. I did apply online as i thought it would be better than applying by post and would not get lost. I will re-apply and fingers crossed i hear something this time.

Thanks

Guest Laura G

Did you forward them a copy of your passport and evidence that you had completed your education to O'level or GCSE standard?

Laura

Guest carolynr6280

Hi Laura

I did attach a copy of my school grades but there was no mention on the form that I had to send a copy of my passport to. I did need to fill in my passport number. Would they not contact me if they needed additional information??

Guest Laura G

Hi Carolyn,

Yeah they should contact you, I deal with International Student Departments all the time andI make it a rule to send a copy of the passport and if the person is not from the UK then follow it up with evidence of language ability or evidence of their education. in my experience i always find that Letters of Offers from the TAFE usually arrive within 3 days maximum of 5 days.

What type of course are you applying for, is it a Diploma? Do you know how many intakes a year the course has?

Laura

Guest carolynr6280

Hi Laura

I am applying for Diploma of Childrens services which at Rockingham TAFE only has one intake of February. So would be hoping to start Feb 2009.

I will forward a copy of my passport to them this time - maybe this might make a difference.

Do you only deal with students wanting to study on the Gold Coast or do you deal with thw whole of Oz??

Thanks

Carolyn

Guest Laura G

Hi Carolyn,

Deal with all of OZ, we deal with different markets, helping people from Europe, UK Asia, and South America gain places to TAFES & Uni's.

Laura

Your application is probably in at TIWA/ETI WA.....but there are huge delays....

We lodged a Horticulture app for British candidate via MARA agent.....took nearly three months to get a correct offer letter after 4-5 amendments...

Better recently with Hungarian candidate, took only 3 weeks to get offer letter....

We had to really push and constantly remind the Admissions and Marketing contacts....

Archived