New passport timeline for 2014-2015

melbourneguy

Hi guys,

i just started new thread for the guys who got their citizenship and applied for passport or want to apply in the future.

I welcome your ideas and share your experience,

it would be easy to follow the pattern

ceremony date

passport lodgement date

aus post/passport office

urgent / normal

online status

passport received date

thank you for your support

Not sure this thread will be very useful. Passports are delivered within two weeks unless you pay extra and then they are delivered more quickly.

thanks Quinkala,

what is the procedure to apply for passport on urgent basis? I want to get ASAP since i already booked tickets in December first week and my ceremony in Nov Third week. Happy to pay more to get passport quicker than paying huge amount to travel agent to change dates specially in December. please anybody advise. thanks in advance.

Hey Melbourneguy, i have confirmed that you can apply for aussie passport thru australia post. you gotta bring your citizenship certificate with you at the post office with some form of id as well. like your driver licence/medicare/your old passport etc. The post office will take a snap shot of ya and you will also have to complete a form for that purpose. Thats it. pay the fees and get the passport asap. I think it is 105 dollars extra you pay and get passport within two days or something. but check with oz post as well !!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to local post office today and got a passport application for free. took passport photos as well for $16.95 (6 photos). called passport office to try my luck to book an appointment but failed. They suggested to apply in post office with express post and pay priority processing fee $108. then I can collect from passport office within two days hopefully

Archived