IELTS for 457 visa with AHPRA rego as Registered Nurse

onidz

Hi guys,

Do I need to take the IELTS exam even though I already have a registration with AHPRA as RN to lodge 457 visa? It seems like the immigration change there rule about providing evidence of English proficiency on an applicant with rego (I hope not):arghh::arghh:. Anyone who are expert in this, please I need help. Thanks.

If you're not a passport holder of an English speaking country, you must do IELTS, OET (or from some time in November, another approved English test) in order to apply for a 457 or any other visa. DIBP's requirements are quite separate from skills assessment requirements.

Hi Ozmaniac, thanks. I was just wondering how come one of my friend wasn't required to take IELTS when she processed her application this year. I guess I don't have an option, I just hope everything will be smooth and have my visa before January...

Hi

Is there any chance to contact immigration and ask the progress of Nomination procedure , cant totally relay on Lawyer (with the Application ID)?

And also can we lodge visa application ourselves after nomination approved or better to go through Lawyer?

Could you tell when in advance , we can prepare all documents for visa application while Nomination in process.

Any help would be highly appreciated !

Thanks

Neh

Hi Onidz,

There are exemptions to the English language requirement if you are applying for a 457 visa under a standard business sponsorship. You might want to contact a registered migration agent to learn more about those exemptions.

Good luck with it all.

Regards,

Ben

My apologies, my answer was wrong for your situation.

If your nominated occupation needs a level of English language proficiency for a grant of registration, licence or membership, you need to provide evidence that you have the required level. You can do this by providing evidence that you have the relevant registration, licence or membership. You had to meet English requirements for registration so you will not need to do IELTS.

"Hi Onidz,

There are exemptions to the English language requirement if you are applying for a 457 visa under a standard business sponsorship. You might want to contact a registered migration agent to learn more about those exemptions.

Good luck with it all.

Regards,

Ben"

Hi Ben, thanks. Sorry to ask, does gov't hospital fall under the standard business? I'm still waiting a reply from the immigrantion officer about my query, if unable to receive a response by monday, I will consider your advice to call an agent.

My apologies, my answer was wrong for your situation.

If your nominated occupation needs a level of English language proficiency for a grant of registration, licence or membership, you need to provide evidence that you have the required level. You can do this by providing evidence that you have the relevant registration, licence or membership. You had to meet English requirements for registration so you will not need to do IELTS.

Hi Ozmaniac, Yep, I've read about it, something like no need to provide English proficiency document when an applicant already got a registration/license as long as it's not expire, however it's nowhere to find that details in the checklist of immigration webpage or maybe I missed it. Even the booklet there's no information about it. Do you have any link? that will be a great help. thanks.

I took that quote directly from the DIBP website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/457.aspx Select Visa applicants tab > Who could get this visa then scroll down to the second last paragraph of English language requirements

Thanks Ozmaniac. I'm lil bit relieve to read that statement, the entire process of lodging the visa and what will be the result gets me worried though.:wacko:

Archived