Skills Assessment - Country Education Profile and Vetasses Advisory Service

Pampa

Hi everyone!

If anyone could help me with the following enquiry I'll be thankful!:

Migratory agents have access to the Country Education Profile (CEP) of each country, where they can see to which category a university belongs and according to that, they can check wether a 4 or 5 year degree like a Bachelor for instance (in my case from Argentina), is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree or Diploma. To have access, they pay an annual membership (I read it in another forum). For what I have been researching, also any individual (not an agent) could access to the CEP paying for an annual membership that allows to see the info of the country you are interested in.

Have anyone used this service, and could tell me how does it work?

E.g. In that year (membership), can you do several consults from several carrers? What information is shown when you consult?

Also, I haven't fully understood the following: Is there a list of universities that are "recognised institutions" and if the case university is not recognised you could not apply for an assessment by any means? or,

Does the fact of having a degree from a university that is not within the "recognised institutions" just imply that the degree could be considered as a lower degree (e.g A Bachelor being recognised as a Diploma in Australia)?

Thank you for any help or comment that you could provide me :rolleyes:.

Regards,

Pampa

Have anyone used this service, and could tell me how does it work?

You pay about $50 for a subscription.

Some assessing authorities require academic qualifications at a specified level to have been conferred by a ' listed institution' and others do not.

Some assessing authorities require academic qualifications at a specified level to have been conferred by a ' listed institution' and others do not.

Hi wrussell,

Thank you very much for the information.

I want to ask you:

1) Do you know if VETASSESS is within the authorities that require academic qualifications from the 'listed institutions'? We had our degrees in Argentina (Bachelor of Chemistry and Bachelor of Environmental Sciences) at the Universidad Nacional de La Pampa (UNLPam) and Universidad del Salvador (USAL). We have been researching a lot, but we couldn't find substantial information regarding the list and we don't know if our Universities are actually recognised or not.

2) If our degrees do not belong to a recognised or listed institution, will this have a negative assessment as a result? or

could it be approved but having our qualification considered as a minor category (e.g our Bachelor degree considered as a Diploma)?

Regards,

Pampa