Hiya I've recently moved to Melbourne with my partner.

We live in Brunswick.

He is now working while I'm still looking, however between job hunting and the mundane cleaning up I could do with a few friends!

I am originally from Newcastle upon Tyne and I enjoy the usual stuff, eating out, drinks, cinema and shopping.

The budget is quite tight due to the lack of a job however it would be nice to have someone other than him to talk to and hang out with.

I'm 26, quite easy going and talkative.

If anyone in the area is in the same boat and wants some company gimme a shout.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I moved to Melbourne this week and I'm moving to Brunswick Tuesday! It sounds like I'm in the same boat as you, currently seeking work and trying to stick to a budget so maybe hunt out some good food/drinks deals together lol. my boyfriend is travelling out to me in Dec also, so do give me a shout as would love to meet up with you both!

Oh p.s. I'm 24 from Leicester (because someone has to be lol) xxx

Hi, we are a family of 4 and are thinking about moving to Brunswick in January from leicestershire, what is it like their? :chatterbox:

Hello fellow Leicester person lol! I don't move in until tomorrow but will let you know how I get on in the upcoming weeks. On first looks around Sydney rd etc it kinda reminds me of Mansfield Rd in Nottingham (if you've ever been there). Heard a few things about safety of the place but I think you can't really base it on the odd news story as there is crime happening every where.

looks like there's lots to eat and do so will give you the lowdown once I've been there a while! X

Hello fellow Leicester person lol! I don't move in until tomorrow but will let you know how I get on in the upcoming weeks. On first looks around Sydney rd etc it kinda reminds me of Mansfield Rd in Nottingham (if you've ever been there). Heard a few things about safety of the place but I think you can't really base it on the odd news story as there is crime happening every where.

looks like there's lots to eat and do so will give you the lowdown once I've been there a while! X

Still in the UK until head to Melbourne in Dec and still driving up and down Mansfield Road!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PasteyPom! I too am from Leicestershire but have lived in Melbourne for 7 years. It is just the best! Not your quintessential aussie town (a la home and away) but the best city for culture, great food, bars etc. Brunswick is uber cool! I wish I could live there! Lots of gigs in cool pubs, great quirky shops, lots of young people, parks, community stuff, very near to the city, great public transport. You will make friends in no time. I used to live around that area but have moved out to the 'burbs' due to work/babies/being near inlaws etc.

Melbourne really is a special city that often gets forgotten about by Poms back home :)

Good luck!

Hi Alijane, thanks for your response, I'm soooo excited :-)) where abouts in leicestershire did you live? We are trying to find accommodation for a couple of weeks while we suss the area out, could you recommend anywhere please? Preferably 2/3 bed. Hope your having better weather in melbourne ?! It's cold, wet and very windy hear :-( jx

• 4 weeks later...

Any of you guys on this thread have any meet ups planned in the near future?

My partner and I emigrated in September and moved to Carlton North (a short walk from Brunswick) in October

He is working all hours and I did have work but it wasn't for me so looking again :(

Would definitely be up for a chat about experiences so far.

I am originally from Middlesbrough and my partner is from the borders & we just spent the last few years in Edinburgh.

get in touch if anything is going on :)

• 2 months later...

Hi :-) we're new to Melbourne too! Both got jobs now, so glad that that hurdle is out of the way! Would love to meet some new peeps for chats, giggles, drinks etc etc. I have a few friends here already but they are settling down/kids etc and we are so not ready for that yet! We've got an amazing city to explore! Let me know if you plan any meet ups! Oh and we're from the Midlands! Hope you're all settling in well :-) Xx

Hey Catalina888, glad you found some work it is a big weight off the old shoulders when that happens.

I haven't heard about any meet ups in the near future through this site but I always up for a drink, chat, gig etc

I am living in Brunswick where are you guys based? anyway if you fancy a meet up some time soon drop me a PM

:)

Archived