Dependants status while studying on a International student 573 visa?

Sahew18

If studying on a International student 573 visa, what would my 3 dependent children and wife be classed as?

Would they be classed as temporary residents or also international students?

Trying to figure out what schools we can apply for and what the fees are likely to be for NSW Newcastle.

Thanks

We are still looking into everything at the moment. I have a older son who has been granted PR already so once my other children are old enough to get PR we will be hopeing to get a parent/family visa.

Does anyone know the situation about children attending school for a certian period then applying for citizenship? If this is even possible or will they need to go through the PR visa process?

Thanks

So, you will be on iternational student visas until your 3 children get a PR??? That is a lot of study that you have to go through...

I do not really see a reason why the government will grant PR to anyone, just for completing a high school in Australia but who knows...

We are still looking into everything at the moment. I have a older son who has been granted PR already so once my other children are old enough to get PR we will be hopeing to get a parent/family visa.

Does anyone know the situation about children attending school for a certian period then applying for citizenship? If this is even possible or will they need to go through the PR visa process?

Thanks

PR is required to meet the citizenship requirements.

have been living in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying which must include the last 12 months as a permanent resident, and

not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total, in the 4 year period, including no more than 90 days in the year before applying.

Your children can study at Australian school. Some states charge fees for temporary visa holders, others don't (other than normal school fees which even Aussies pay).

What your partner can do depends on what course you are doing. If you are doing a post graduate course then they can work full time. If not then they can only work 20 hours a week (once the course starts). You can also only work 20 hours a week in term time.

This is on the immigration website if you google the visa number.

I came on a student visa and would NEVER recommend it. The costs for two if us were stupid. With children there is no way.

PR is required to meet the citizenship requirements.

have been living in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying which must include the last 12 months as a permanent resident, and

not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total, in the 4 year period, including no more than 90 days in the year before applying.

We are really considering our options and being 53 they are very limited. I will be studying radiography and my 19 yr old will also be studying at uni so hoping at the end of his course he can apply for PR, then will have 2 PR children to apply for 1 of the family visas. A very big risk but we have been trying to sell our house and make the move for 6 years now so we are taking the leap

It is REALLY hard to get pr at the end of your course now. Most doors have been closed and more are being closed. I finished my course and was about to apply for my pr. They changed the rules! I was 4 days off being able to apply! It took five years from starting my course to finally managing to get pr in the end. That is a long time of stress. It cost us a fortune. Cost me a decent career I had before and in the end cost me my marriage.

If I could have my time again I wouldn't do it.

We are really considering our options and being 53 they are very limited. I will be studying radiography and my 19 yr old will also be studying at uni so hoping at the end of his course he can apply for PR, then will have 2 PR children to apply for 1 of the family visas. A very big risk but we have been trying to sell our house and make the move for 6 years now so we are taking the leap

What is your 19 year old planning in studying.

Personally I think your proposal of studying in Australia on student visa for 8 years plus is madness. Migration rules change all the time, majority of most Newley qualified graduated will not be eligible for PR until they have a number of years work experience.

The likely only parent visa is the contribuitory one if still available in 6+ years and needs to be applied for offshore, current costs over $100,000 for a couple, extra secondary applicant charges will apply.

What is your 19 year old planning in studying.

Personally I think your proposal of studying in Australia on student visa for 8 years plus is madness. Migration rules change all the time, majority of most Newley qualified graduated will not be eligible for PR until they have a number of years work experience.

The likely only parent visa is the contribuitory one if still available in 6+ years and needs to be applied for offshore, current costs over $100,000 for a couple, extra secondary applicant charges will apply.

At the moment this is the only option we have and to give our children a beter life in Aus. Even if we had to come back for a couple of years while they stay in Aus in education or work.

He is stidying computer science.

What I cannot understand is why people are allowed to study for such a long period of time?

I have absolutely nothing against the author of this post but it seems like most of the students who will stay so long are not really genuine students.

In the end, there are people who have to put a lot of effort to get their qualifications assessed and work years to get the experience needed and there are others who come to the country and are allowed to stay forever just because they are students???

One would think that the governemnt sees all that...is it the money making on international student fees that prevents them from imposing more strict measures?

Unless you're very wealthy indeed, your plans seem to be impractical.

All states charge high tuition fees for the dependents of Student visa holders. In NSW, it's $5000 - $6000 per child and other states are even more expensive. For example, Queensland charges between $237 and $297 per WEEK per child -that works out at $9480 for a primary school child over the 40 week school year and Victoria is $7749 - $11480 per child.

http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu.au/media-assets/trp/fees.pdf NSW

https://www.eqi.com.au/programs/dependant-student.html#fees Dependant Student Program Fees - Qld.

http://www.study.vic.gov.au/shadomx/apps/fms/fmsdownload.cfm?file_uuid=23335506-E6D3-4F8E-8A7E-532321D1F04C&siteName=deecd Victoria

If your eldest is studying IT in the hope of getting PR and then sponsoring you for a Parent visa, do you realise that he can't qualify for a PR visa until he has at least 2 years post-qualification experience (a skills assessment requirement for IT permanent visas) and that a Parent visa will cost something like $50,000 per parent PLUS a $10,000 Assurance of Support bond?

And all of the above pre-supposes that you won't have problems meeting the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement for your Student visa.

You also need to think about how old your other children are. As I said, I came over in a time when it was much easier for students. It still took five years to get pr. If it took your eldest studying child (who would need pay international uni fees as well, I'm guessing you have looked at how many thousand they are a year?) 5, 6, 7 years etc to get pr. Assuming there is still a parent visa open to you at the time, you need over 50% of your children 'settled' in Australia, which means they have had pr for at least two years. So add those two years on.

Where will your younger children be? As soon as they leave school they are not dependent on you and can't be included on your application. Best case scenario, in five years time where would they be?

Onto the next issue I see. Why do you think Australia is a better life for your kids? I have less job opportunities, lower wages, and have spent so much money to get here that there is no way I can afford to buy a house (which I could in the UK). Not to mention, the the break down of my marriage with all the stress, having to put my life on hold for years as it didn't look like we would get pr but we didn't want to give up. And that my plans to have children had to be put on hold for so long. The visa I eventually got I've been tied to my job for two years, or my pr could be cancelled. So I am just now at 35 about to have my first child.

Honestly, life here is not worth the expense and stress of your plan. For FIVE YEARS I worried every time one of us went to the drs incase it was something which could stop us getting pr (and I did have one dr tell me they thought I had cervical cancer in that time. Luckily she was wrong). My husband would go out drinking in town a lot, and saw far more trouble than he ever did in Manchester, so I had to worry about him getting a police record if he ever had to defend himself (he did get head butted in the face while waiting for a take away one night). It's a whole new set of things which could cost you your new life that you have to worry about. With kids would be far more worry.

Really you are going to fInd it really hard to convince immigration you are a real student. At 53 saying you need to come here to study and you need to sell your house to do it is a real end flag to immigration. You are putting all your confidence in a potential possibility that you can apply for PR and get PR when your children have finished their study. Here's a thought....what if your 19 year old decides he wants to move to NZ after he has finished studying? Or travel the world? You cannot stop him from doing this as you do not own your children's dreams. Computer science is now an oversupplied profession if he is just starting his study it is doubtful he will get a job here when he is finished and he might have other plans that are purely his own. You are dreaming with this plan....the only certainty is you are going to be disappointed.

Archived