Applying For PR

Hopkins

Hi All,

I was in Australia from Jan 2012 to Oct 2012 on my Working Holiday. I then left the country to return on Sponsorship in November 2013.

I would like to apply for PR as soon as possible, what is the earliest I can apply?

Also, does the 10 months spent on my working holiday count towards my PR?

Thanks

Ian

When you say you've returned on sponsorship, do you mean a 457 visa? You can apply for PR at any time if you qualify for a skilled visa such as 189 or 190, or if your employer will sponsor you for PR you can either wait 2 years after working for them to go for the Temporary Resident Transition stream of the 186 or apply now under the Direct Entry stream. Each scenario requires that you meet the requirements of the visa of course, and that any employer meets the requirement for sponsorship.

Time on a WHV doesn't count towards PR, although you may be able to count the experience in gaining any required experience points or skills assessment.

Hi All,

I was in Australia from Jan 2012 to Oct 2012 on my Working Holiday. I then left the country to return on Sponsorship in November 2013.

I would like to apply for PR as soon as possible, what is the earliest I can apply?

Also, does the 10 months spent on my working holiday count towards my PR?

Thanks

Ian

PR cannot be applied for on the basis of time spent in the country, it just doesn't work like that. So no, your time on a WHV does not "count towards your PR", the very concept is flawed.

To get PR you have to apply for a permanent visa, options might be the 186 187 189 pr 190. Have a read about them on http://www.immi.gov.au

Archived