Possible re-opening of Parent and Aged Parent visa applications

Alan Collett

Message now updated on the DIBP website.

For example, at the Aged Parent subclass 804 page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/804.aspx

This visa was previously repealed and closed from 2 June 2014 until 25 September 2014. Applications are now accepted for this visa.

If you lodged an application during the period when the visa was repealed then you need to lodge a new application.

Good news for many, I think!

And Alan I'm sure that people need to focus on the processing times for non-contributory parent, carers, and remaining relatives/aged dependent relatives. This means that although these are apparent savings - a way to get around the Contributory Parent Visa charges for example - in practice they're not going to be all that favourable.

From the link you've provided:

• Non-Contributory Parent visa – approximately 30 years
  • Carer visa – approximately 4.5 years
  • Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative – approximately 56 years.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George.

Yes, waiting times are lengthy - but I find that many are happy to spend many years in Australia holding BVs, particularly if they can access emergency Medicare under a RHCA.

For some an Aged Parent visa is the only affordable way they can spend any meaningful time with children and grandchildren in Australia.

And even if a CP visa is affordable the $80k or so saved with an Aged Parent visa application can be compelling.

Best regards.

See the Motion being moved and commented upon at 2:35:10 here ... (it's all over in about 2 minutes!):

http://parlview.aph.gov.au/mediaPlayer.php?videoID=238186&operation_mode=parlview

Best regards.

Hi Alan, we are currently going through the visa application process with Go Matilda, and are really happy with the support and work you have all done for us. Could you tell me whether an aged parent with early onset dementia would be considered for this type of visa, if able to support themselves? Thanks.

Hi Alan, we are currently going through the visa application process with Go Matilda, and are really happy with the support and work you have all done for us. Could you tell me whether an aged parent with early onset dementia would be considered for this type of visa, if able to support themselves? Thanks.

Hi JerryandPaul.

Thanks for your kind words.

I will send a PM to you.

Best regards.

• 1 year later...