Shipping Household Furniture and Car together?

ozzy81uk

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere.

As much as we love living in Australia (been here 5 years) we have our reasons for moving back to the UK. This wouldnt happen however for at least another 3-5 years but I'd like to at least be as prepared as i can for the mountain of costs that face us.

We came over with next to nothing and gradually bought everything we need, however if going back I would like to have everything I have now without having to 'start from scratch'.

My question is, is it possible to ship furniture, household goods AND our car in the same container? surely its possible to hirer a bigger container and put everything in the same container?

If so, how much more would it then cost me to ship my car as well?

It would probably be cheaper to sell the car and buy another one once back in the UK? but id rather pay a bit extra and avoid this hassle.

any help/shipping stories appreciated, also recomended shipping companies

Cheers

Danny

You can though iirc people seem to have a 40ft container so in effect double the space and the car goes in one. It ain't cheap. You can ship the car separately also.

Honestly, it would be far easier to buy in the UK. And cheaper. Cars are much more affordable there. Plus you'd have one from the off not having to wait for it to arrive, have any changes made if needed etc. I'd hire one for a week or two then buy asap.

Archived