education in New Zealand compared with Australia any ifo?

manchester lass

Hi Everyone

due to the issues we are having with registering as a midwife in Oz at the moment due to the moving of the goal posts with APHRA we are thinking of maybe moving to New Zealand. We thought about New Zealand a few years ago and were looking at the Bay of Plenty, specifically Tauranga.

I was just wondering what the education is like over there? I cant see anything on google about what age children sit exams in high school, how good the education is ect ect

does anyone on here have any experience of this at all?

thank you in advance

x

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume that New Zealand's education system is not unlike both Australia and the UK, you know, infants school, junior school, high school until 16 or 18, followed by entry to university. I did my schooling in the UK, but did my degree at an Aussie uni - UNSW. I just can't imagine that countries sharing similar histories, style of government, way of life, etc, can be vastly different?

New Zealand is a VERY different place to live than Australia.

Please do not imagine anything is the same - they are very very different. I've lived in both.

I cannot compare education specifically, but life there is soooo different in many ways.

I haven't said one is better than the other as everyone's individual needs are different, there's 1000s more Kiwis moving to Australia than the other way round though!!!!

BB

There are usually more jobs in Australia, although the present NZ PM - John Keys? - seems to have started to get things moving again. Most of the Kiwis I come into contact with are much the same as Aussies, just speak with an even more outlandish (no vowels) accent!

Archived