Flying out of Toon # 2 - landing in Toon # 1

surfndirt

Hya All,

Just thought I'd let ya'll know that I am flying to Newcastle # 1 next week and very much looking forward to the crac with the lads! My mate is getting married in Durham so means I will be getting to knock about in the Toon, then the lake district, then Durham city.

We are a very lucky mob us lot you know. Get to leave one awesome place and arrive in another and miss out all the mess in-between. As can be assumed - I will be camping out in the various (awesome) pubs of each locale above and generally attempting to try all the locally produced beers / ales plus eat as many beef n ale pies I can.

Some favs (people from the NE / North Yorkshire);

The Cluny

Beck Hole

Tynemouth

Keswick

Saltburn by the sea

Danby

............................. Have VW Golf TDI (rental), will travel :-)

I just got back from Gateshead on Saturday. Went out with friends a few weeks ago intending to do the Ouseburn Crawl, Cluny, Tyne Bar, Free Trade Inn then finishing off at the Pitcher and Piano (easier to get a taxi along there). We had food in the Cluny, always good, then a lovely walk to the Tyne Bar and that's as far as we got! Copious amounts of strawberry beer and talking too much, always have a good night down there. Had a canny night in a Tynemouth aswell. Few drinks in the Priory then over the road to Allards Lounge for tapas. Haven't been to Keswick or Durham for a few years but remember some good pubs there aswell. Have a great trip! :)

Hya Lindor,

Sounds great that like…. I think I may have seen some pictures you put up on here actually. Yeah, we will be doing sommat similar on Thursday and possibly Friday night like.

Also I want to go that cheap Italian place at the bottom end of grey street as I always used to get there for the happy hour 7.50 quid pasta dish… Then across the road to that old boozer on the corner with the wooden chairs in the window (can never remember the name like).

Man I am looking forward to being back in the North East.

Other stuff I intend to do;

• Drive at approx. 96mph on the motorway
  • Go for a surf at Tynemouth and not worry about being eaten
  • Get a chippy tea from; Marshalls & ……… THE MAGPIE (to include mushy peas and a pot of tea, of course).
  • Have a pint at the stuffed dog

Archived