Undergrad and Work Experience : do they need to match?

ehtesham

Hi!

I am an Indian citizen and I am 27 years old. I've completed my Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering and have completed a Masters degree in Management. I've got three years of work experience in an MNC bank. However, my experience is in banking and not IT/Computer Sc. My query is .. will my 3 years of work experience be considered for SkillSelect even though it is not in accordance with my undergrad degree in engineering?

In case it doesn't get considered, what are my other options to consider applying for a PR?

Regards,

Ehtesham

Hi!

I am an Indian citizen and I am 27 years old. I've completed my Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering and have completed a Masters degree in Management. I've got three years of work experience in an MNC bank. However, my experience is in banking and not IT/Computer Sc. My query is .. will my 3 years of work experience be considered for SkillSelect even though it is not in accordance with my undergrad degree in engineering?

In case it doesn't get considered, what are my other options to consider applying for a PR?

Regards,

Ehtesham

What is your designation (roles/responsibilities) ... If it matches with CSOL (consolidated sponsored occupation list) you have a chance for applying PR....

Hi!

Regards,

Ehtesham

Your work experience would need to be in your nominated occupation.

You would need to be able to pass a skills assessment in your nominated occupation, what would you be applying for?

From what you have said you would not be able to pass an ACS skills assessment as a degree alone would not be enough, however you may be able to pass some kind of Management skills assessment depending on what you actually do.

I am not familiar with the new points system so it may have changed but i was able to pass a skills assessment as a Social Worker based on my degree and then claim recent experience points based on 10 years working in IT - I was dubious myself but trusted my migration agent and we got the visa.

Hi!

Regards,

Ehtesham

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your visa prospects?

Hi ehtesham,

I would suggest that you go through the Skilled occupation list and find your occupation. You mentioned that you are into banking, I'm afraid its not on the SOL.

Computer network and systems engineer is on the SOL and is assessed by ACS. Read about it and the preliminary requirements. I know someone who had degrees in management but his entire work experience was in IT. Despite his educational background in business, ACS assessed him equivalent to a systems Analyst after he provided his RPL report.

Hi ehtesham,

I would suggest that you go through the Skilled occupation list and find your occupation. You mentioned that you are into banking, I'm afraid its not on the SOL.

Computer network and systems engineer is on the SOL and is assessed by ACS. Read about it and the preliminary requirements. I know someone who had degrees in management but his entire work experience was in IT. Despite his educational background in business, ACS assessed him equivalent to a systems Analyst after he provided his RPL report.

You do not need an IT degree (or any degree) for a positive ACS assessment you can, as your friend did, do a RPL - the problem the OP has is not having any IT experience - a positive ACS skills assessment is not possible in that case.

Yes you are right, ehtesham's case is the other way round.

You do not need an IT degree (or any degree) for a positive ACS assessment you can, as your friend did, do a RPL - the problem the OP has is not having any IT experience - a positive ACS skills assessment is not possible in that case.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to have a skills assessment for an occupation on the SOL, have you checked the SOL?

Thanks everyone! Now another question ..

what if i am still making the minimum 65 points without including the work experience? In other words, can i apply as a fresher with no experience?