190 visa application costs - have I miscalculated?

Jlew

Just about to submit our EOI and checking the visa costs. We're a family of 4 consisting of Mum (main applicant), Dad, and two children who are 8 and 11.

when I first looked at this I worked out the visa aplication charge as being $3520. I'm now wondering if I should also be budgeting for additional application charges for myself and our two children. Is this correct, or is it simply the $3520 charge as a family unit?

Thanks, Jamie

Just about to submit our EOI and checking the visa costs. We're a family of 4 consisting of Mum (main applicant), Dad, and two children who are 8 and 11.

when I first looked at this I worked out the visa aplication charge as being $3520. I'm now wondering if I should also be budgeting for additional application charges for myself and our two children. Is this correct, or is it simply the $3520 charge as a family unit?

Thanks, Jamie

You need to budget for everyone, so I am afraid you can double that I think.

You need to budget for everyone, so I am afraid you can double that I think.

Oh dear. Thanks for the quick response. Has this always been the case? We've been looking at this for about 4 years or so, so maybe have either missed it at the start, or missed it when it's changed. :(

Hi Jlew,

Keep in mind that the visa fees have gone up as of 1st July.

We paid $6400 for myself (Main applicant), wife and son (20 months old). Also depends on the visa you are applying for.

Check out the below link as its a guide to how much you should be paying plus don't forget that you have to also pay the surcharge whilst paying by card.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx

Hope this helps

Oh dear. Thanks for the quick response. Has this always been the case? We've been looking at this for about 4 years or so, so maybe have either missed it at the start, or missed it when it's changed. :(

Think of a number ($3520) and double it and add the DIBP credit card surcharge of (at least) $1.08%

All the best

Thanks, Jamie

The lodgement fee for the visa will be $7,040 plus surcharge of between 1.08 to 1.99%.

Other fees to consider for a 190 visa:

Skills assessment;

State sponsorship;

IELTS test (if required)

Visa medicals and x rays;

Police clearance certificates;

Immigration Agent (if you chose to use one).

We are on a 190 visa, we paid the initial applicant charge, plus secondary applicant and then another charge for our daughter! On top of that we paid migration agent fees, medical fees, police clearance certificate fees. We had SA sponsorship so there was no charge for that last year when we applied. We also avoided the surcharge as that came in after we applied. Very pricey but we are in Aus now and feel it all so worth the money and stress! lol

We are on a 190 visa, we paid the initial applicant charge, plus secondary applicant and then another charge for our daughter! On top of that we paid migration agent fees, medical fees, police clearance certificate fees. We had SA sponsorship so there was no charge for that last year when we applied. We also avoided the surcharge as that came in after we applied. Very pricey but we are in Aus now and feel it all so worth the money and stress! lol

Great to hear its all worked out. We've been planning this for a long time, and its taken a lot if time to get through the skills assessment and get us to the stage of submitting the EOI. Scary stuff. Submitting tomorrow...

Archived