R1ggers

Hi guys

we moved down to Shellharbour from Sunny QLD about a month ago, we left all our friends up there and we would like to meet some people down here. We are both 30, professionals, like a good night out and enjoy walking our dog. Would be great to meet done new faces! Anyone around??

Edited by R1ggers

The daily off return to Penrith was $9.20, perhaps a little less with my Opal Card, with free travel after four days?

Kiama might be a decent option for a day trip, though Wollongong would be easier to get back to Sydney, with more late night services. I live so close to Central, it's not problem getting home.

We're in Figtree, a bit older (mid 40's) and distinctly unprofessional, but next time I'm home you're welcome round the Nags Head for afew, as long as you're not wierdos haha. You'll find people friendly for the most hart here with the odd bonehead, so probably no different in that regard, lovely scenery too you're gonna love it

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Just looking at your message, me and wife and 2 kids (girls 4 & 6), currently live in Sydney but are moving down to Figtree in the new year. Kids will probably be going to Figtree public school. Whats it like down there, have you got kids that went to Figtree schools? Is there really a pub called Nags head? Any info appreciated. My wife is from Manchester and I'm Welsh.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gavinbiggs

Our kids (5&8) started at Figtree public school two weeks ago and have settled in really well. We moved here from Portland Victoria, we were there for 2 years and before that from London. Figtree seems to be a nice area, my hubbie had been living in Wollongong and doing reccies of the area for 6 months before we moved and we decided on Figtree public due to good results and rep but most schools in this area are good. We live in Cordeaux Heights which is next to Figtree and a nice area. Good luck with your move and let us know when you arrive. If you need any info on school etc, just let me know

Donna

• 6 months later...