Passport and Birth certificate

drusif

Hi Guys.

i am about ti lodge my EOI as a general electrician. i have 65 points and all the documents i need but my birth certificate states my name as Christian while my passport and all my documents states Kristian.

i have never used Christian but never thought to get the birth certificate changed.

I've been told i need to do it by deed poll now but not sure how to do this or weather it will be sufficient.

has any one else had to deal with this?

thanks

Surely you would have used the birth certificate to get the passport?

i would just apply and attach a note explaining the situation.

Deed pol seems unnecessary they might just ask for a statutory declaration though.

as long as you state in the section where it asks if you have ever been known by another name you should be OK

you will also need to do this with the police checks as they will check all names/ spellings.

not sure how i got my passport, my parents just got it for me when i was a kid. never thought anything of it until some mentioned the immigration will pick up on.

I've been researching deed poll but it doesn't look to professional to be honest.

not sure just a note would be enough to cover it though

thanks

Well your pasport name and the name in your certificates is the thing that matter. Latter in the approval stage they will ask you that weather you are known to be by any other name or spell so you will enter the detail there. Also you can always request the birth certificate issuing authority to ammend the record or provide you a letter of clearance

hope it works for you

thanks for the replies guys.

I've applied for a deed poll letter, ill take it to a solicitor once I've received it,

its only two different spellings of the same name so hopefully won't be to much of a problem.

fingers crossed :)

Archived