189 unsure of when to lodge docs, advice please?

marsh942

I submitted my 60 point EOI a couple of weeks ago (29/7/14) so I am hoping to receive an invitation this coming Monday or two weeks after that, I have all documents ready including the police check and I have my medical booked for 15/8/14. My query is should I load all of my documents and pay for the application the day/day after I (hopefully) get my invitation or should I wait until my medical is complete and the results are ready so it's all going to immi at the one time? Thanks in advance

When I created an immi account I used the my health section, filled that out and was told I would need a medical. I then booked the appointment with spire in Edinburgh and the girl there said she could see that immi were asking for the medical as well. Thanks for your reply.

When I created an immi account I used the my health section, filled that out and was told I would need a medical. I then booked the appointment with spire in Edinburgh and the girl there said she could see that immi were asking for the medical as well. Thanks for your reply.

Well you certainly will need a medical. But you will be specifically asked by your CO to book your medical when they are satisfied with all your other documents. The advice is not to book the medical until specifically asked to do so. Anyway back to the original question, lodge the rest of your documents as soon as you lode the visa application, there is no benefit in waiting..

The issue you have with doing it the way you have is it limits your time after grant.

Once the visa is granted, you have 12 months to validiate - with visit or make the move. But the 12 months doesn't start from the visa grant. It starts from the date police / medical checks are up loaded, which ever the first. So, if you upload with the application and the visa then takes 3 months to be granted, you only have 9 months to validate.