189 visa lodged in july 2014

Hi peeps I am a midwife awaiting my ANMAC skills assessment before doing our EOI. I have always worked 37.5 hours since qualified in sept 09. Was planning on claiming 5 years experience but now am wondering as had 8 months maternity leave if I cannot claim this ? Cheers in advance.

Hi - my wife had this issue

Unless you can safely claim points for experience, it's best to to not claim for 5 years as maternity isn't counted, but you should be able to claim for 3 years and get 5 points. As long as you can get 60 points, that's enough - so only claim 'safe' points - as anything that can't backed up after you do an EOI will trouble.

If you search about on here, you'll probably find threads with similar issues - maternity leave isn't counted (which is wrong in my opinion, but it's the way it is)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand how they will know you have been on Mat leave I never told ANMAC they didn't ask ! Plus I had no break in my contract ! I guess also I was only on Mat leave for 7 months as one month holiday !! Unless now they are taking off your 7 weeks annual leave per year too !!!

Not sure. I guess you could try it. But they will want to see payslips and stuff like that. So, if you claimed more points than you can prove and get pulled up on it they refuse the visa and you lose the money. But there are other ways to get the points if you need them (ielts etc). Safest thing to do is only claim stuff you can prove is correct, then you'll be fine. Maybe consult a mara agent and see what they say?

The visa application asks for lots of proof for anything you claim for in your EOI. So these need to be consistent, and correct.

Edited by Captain Roberto

I claimed the full 10 points for experience. I had 2 lots of maternity leave during the time but like you say you get paid and no break in contract. I never mentioned it and they don't ask! I got my visa with no probs. But as you have 65 points anyway I wouldn't even worry about it. I only had 60 and got my visa through as quick as anyone else.

Good luck

I did get paid full pay whilst on leave so not sure I understand ? I have 65 points if I only claim 3 years but guess I could hang fire till March to claim 5 years but would rather crack on. Weird one this ! Cheers peeps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I applied for 189 visa on the 5th December and I'm still waiting to get a case officer assigned. All my documents are loaded other than PCC and medicals. I want to front load them but my visa agent keeps telling me I cannot upload medicals until the CO has requested them but in all the forums I have seen this can be done. I want to speed up the process as much as I can so any idea why my agent is telling me this?

I'll be requesting the PCC this week as it will still take about 10 days to get back.

Appreciate any responses on this.

B

Hi there,

I applied for 189 visa on the 5th December and I'm still waiting to get a case officer assigned. All my documents are loaded other than PCC and medicals. I want to front load them but my visa agent keeps telling me I cannot upload medicals until the CO has requested them but in all the forums I have seen this can be done. I want to speed up the process as much as I can so any idea why my agent is telling me this?

I'll be requesting the PCC this week as it will still take about 10 days to get back.

Appreciate any responses on this.

B

Hello

I'm not quite you sure why agents say this. They might have a good reason. Normally no CO looks at your case until your EOI period expires (8 weeks after invitation?)

So in many ways there is no benefit to do this much before that time. If you have medicals and police check done for about 8 weeks this should be ok. It usually takes a little while to get an appoint so maybe see about booking one in?

I'd also advise to not put in a form 80 unless Aked as this kind of slows up processing time. Loads of people don't get asked for one. We didn't get anything off our CO. Just got the emails saying visa approved.

Hope this helps

Edited by Captain Roberto

Hello

I'm not quite you sure why agents say this. They might have a good reason. Normally no CO looks at your case until your EOI period expires (8 weeks after invitation?)

So in many ways there is no benefit to do this much before that time. If you have medicals and police check done for about 8 weeks this should be ok. It usually takes a little while to get an appoint so maybe see about booking one in?

I'd also advise to not put in a form 80 unless Aked as this kind of slows up processing time. Loads of people don't get asked for one. We didn't get anything off our CO. Just got the emails saying visa approved.

Hope this helps

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your response and it certainly helps. Well, the 8 weeks timeframe will be at the beginning of feb so not long now. I've

just emailed my agent and said that I want to get them sorted and uploaded before I hear from the case officer, if she keeps pushing back I will have to escalate to someone more senior. I'm getting really impatient now with all this process and I'm hoping for a direct grant, fingers crossed!!

:-)

B

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your response and it certainly helps. Well, the 8 weeks timeframe will be at the beginning of feb so not long now. I've

just emailed my agent and said that I want to get them sorted and uploaded before I hear from the case officer, if she keeps pushing back I will have to escalate to someone more senior. I'm getting really impatient now with all this process and I'm hoping for a direct grant, fingers crossed!!

:-)

B

Apologies for typos on my earlier post.

It should all be fine. We didn't use an agent and I was all very easy (in the end). It seems as long as you have the points and did the application right everyone gets through sooner or later, agent or otherwise [emoji106]

Apologies for typos on my earlier post.

It should all be fine. We didn't use an agent and I was all very easy (in the end). It seems as long as you have the points and did the application right everyone gets through sooner or later, agent or otherwise [emoji106]

Ive been doing more reading and it looks like for me to upload the medicals, my agent should have requested the HAP ID before lodging the application??? so I may need to wait for the case officer to be assigned anyway, really annoying as I have been telling them all along that I wanted to get this done.

Def agents not worth the money you pay them!

I think it's better uploading the medicals and PCCs before CO asks for them. Your application will be delayed for at least few days or weeks if you wait to submit them until CO allocation. About the Form 80 or any other such forms, I think it's better to wait till CO asks as CO may ask for different forms according to the country you are residing. If you log into your immigration online account, there is a way to auto generate HAP Id which I cannot remember exactly how. Please note all of these as per my application experience and may differ with your case. Wish you good luck and a speedy grant :).