State Nomination Using the - CONSOLIDATED SPONSORED OCCUPATION LIST

daz32wood

Hello,

Was wondering if the WA government can sponsor me for an occupation that appears on the Consolidated list even though the occupation is not on the WA skilled Visa list.

For example I've got a positive skills assessment for Records Manager, but right before I could apply the WA government moved it off their list..

However, it is still on the South Australian Skills list, and therefor appears on the Consolidated list.

I am in a Records Manager job here in WA and don't want to have to move to SA, but am unsure if it's worth doing the EOI and asking the WA government to sponsor me if it turns out they will only sponsor for jobs on their list.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

It is not a question of whether they can sponsor your occupation, the point is they don't want to, that is why it is not on their list.

Hello,

Was wondering if the WA government can sponsor me for an occupation that appears on the Consolidated list even though the occupation is not on the WA skilled Visa list.

For example I've got a positive skills assessment for Records Manager, but right before I could apply the WA government moved it off their list..

However, it is still on the South Australian Skills list, and therefor appears on the Consolidated list.

I am in a Records Manager job here in WA and don't want to have to move to SA, but am unsure if it's worth doing the EOI and asking the WA government to sponsor me if it turns out they will only sponsor for jobs on their list.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Yeah thought as much, not to worry, I still have enough points to apply without the extra 5 the State would give me, so will apply as a 189 Visa on the Consolidated list.

Records manager is not on the SOL, therefore 189 is not an option, I am afraid. I think you should apply for SA state sponsorship.

Ahh right It's on this list - http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/csol.aspx

But yeah, looks like SA would have to sponsor me. What is the deal with applying for SA state sponsorship and then carrying on working in my job in WA..?

Oh I didn't realise you were working in WA. In this case, you might find you are not successful in securing the state sponsorship of SA. Maybe you should just try though..?

annoyingly their policy is that they don't - I think they are just too lazy to sign up to be approved sponsors. I had a quick look at the process and it seems like quite a lot of forms to fill in for them, so maybe that's it.

It's driving my manager mad, but he is going to keep pushing them to change their minds, so you never know.

Archived