Research Question

Guest Jackie

Hi - we are from Blackpool - have been in NZ for 6 years and moved to Brisbane in March 05. We have two young boys 3yrs and 1yrs and love Brisbane. We are setting up a relocation company providing a number of different services to people moving to Brisbane from overseas, predominantly, but also interstate. We would help organise your move, help find a property to rent or buy, help source local schools - meet you on arrival take you to your accommodation and provide a network of similar families.

My big question is really one for research -

"would you use a service like this and how much would you consider a reasonable price to pay?"

We really would appreciate your feedback

Jackie

Having just returned from the Gold coast to meet up with an ex colleague that has spent the last 4 years trying to persuade me to come over to live. I would say yes, I would use a service such as you are offering. However an immigration agent would take you most of the way. You would then just need to find a rental property, a school and a job. All possible if you have a friend already out there but daunting without. I think it would work well

I am planning to move within the next few years, as life without a mortgage a large detached house for less than £250,000 with a pool combined with the climate there, are too tempting to ignore forever!

Thanks for your response. We are planning to offer a service which would include details of suburbs, help finding a property, help finding schools and employment agencies. I also plan to publish a general guide to living in Brisbane which would include details of all the nasty creepy crawlies & snakes (we have had 2 snakes in our house in the last 4 months!) and all those things that you wouldn't know unless people told you. We have learn't so much since we arrived here and it would have saved us so much time and energy if we had already been armed with the knowledge.

Thanks again and I wish you well with your move

Jackie

hi jackie

Yes, we would most definatly use someone like yourself. We are in the very, very early stages of applying for our visas, and would be looking to move to Brisbane. We know Brisbane from living there for around 6 months but i'm going back some 12/13 years now and we spent the rest of our 18 months in Sydney.

Once your up and running perhaps you can let me know some prices and info on yourself - we are Deb and Paul with 3 children, Charlie, 10, Jessica,9, and George 5,.

look forward to hearing from you, as we get closer and you get started.

Good luck

Debbie

Hi Deb

Thanks for your positive response. Once we have our website finished I'll let you know the address and you can take a look. If you let me know your email address I'll keep you updated of progress.

I wish you all the luck with your visa application - Brisbane is such a fantastic place to raise your children. We also thought we would get together a network of people who have moved to Brisbane and arrange get togethers so that people can meet eachother. We are all in the same boat and we can share experiences.

Here's to the future

Regards

Jackie

you cant beat Brisvages for a new home. I hope that you point out some of our nicer areas like Raby Bay , please dont worry about our snakes, there is more chance of getting stung by the Tax man then a slimmy slithering snake or was that slimmy slithering taxation office???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jackie

Just been reading your question about people using your service once it's up and running.

I definatley would consider this, as the whole thing is stressful enough without having to worry about all the really important things like..... were are we going to live! .......... haha.

My partner ,Son and i are in the early stages of the whole process, but would appreciate any further information about your service.

Hope it works well for you and good luck with it all. Hope to hear from you in the future!!!

Dawn :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your response. We have had such a positive response from people about this service. There will always be people who relish the idea and adventure of doing it themselves but also there is a large portion who want advice and help. One of the things that I will put together will be a factsheet of general information that you won't find anywhere and that you will only know if someone tells you - there are quite a few! Being armed with this knowledge can save a lot of time, energy and money.

We are currently working on our website, if you want to post me a private response with your email address I could contact you when we are all set up so that you can look at the website.

Thanks

Jackie

Guest poeblo

Hi

We are a family from Lancashire UK, were moving in June 2006.

We are selling our house here in the UK and initally want to rent in Brisbane whilst we find jobs , schools for the kids etc..

A service like this would be of great use to us , as although we have been to Brisbane to visit relatives , thier Idea of where we want to live and ours are miles apart.....we could do with some inmpartial advice on where is the best place to bring kids up but we want to be near beaches and a train ride away from the city as this is where I would probebly get a job ..

We are thinking of shipping all our furniture ratther than sell , so would like to arrange a rented house before we move ..

This kind of service would be invaluable to us , please let us know what the fees are and when itll be useable

my personal email is poeblo@tiscali.co.uk

Hope to hear from you soon

Paula

Guest Jackie

Hi Paula

Our website is being constructed and should be ready in a few weeks. I'll let you know when it's up and running and you can take a look.

You'll love Brisbane - it's fantastic - great weather, great beaches. Where in Lancashire are you from? I was born in Lancaster but spent the last 10 years before we left England in Blackpool!

Will keep in touch

Jackie

Archived