Buderim and bushfire risk

Bridgeman

We are looking at options for moving to Queensland maybe next year and quite like the look and feel of Buderim. As a retired couple we feel it would offer us a community with a social life. However, after doing more research we have seen a couple of reports suggesting that the area around Buderim is a high bushfire risk area. OH has a great fear of fires and I am concerned that we may have to rule out Buderim if there is any risk at all.

Any opinions on bushfire risk or comments from retired couples in Buderim would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at options for moving to Queensland maybe next year and quite like the look and feel of Buderim. As a retired couple we feel it would offer us a community with a social life. However, after doing more research we have seen a couple of reports suggesting that the area around Buderim is a high bushfire risk area. OH has a great fear of fires and I am concerned that we may have to rule out Buderim if there is any risk at all.

Any opinions on bushfire risk or comments from retired couples in Buderim would be greatly appreciated.

we live in Buderim, and yes there are tree's there and also buildings, and cars, which are a fire risk also............if you discount Buderim, then you might as well discount the majority of places which has a tree or long grass.

The fire dept and SES do back burning to reduce the "fuel which feeds fires"....and remember when it is hot here, it is also when it is the wettest ( summer is rain time), so people and buildings have been here for over 100 yrs plus.....fire dept have engines all near by, and you would be hard pushed - along with 1000's of other folks to have a fire nearby - without a rush of sirens and people putting things out. However there is always the possibility of some idiot starting things....and that could be any where.

To be honest, live here, enjoy the relaxed and great location Buderim and surroundings are, fires should be the last thing to worry about - more like the price of second hand cars - and how to survive watching TV when there are 45,000 adverts every half hr

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think you need to worry at all and it is a lovely area. I can understand your concern but it is highly unlikely. Why don't you rent for a while until you have made up your own minds though?

Yes, we intend to do that anyway. Thanks for the reassurance.

The further North you go the more tropical it becomes, so things in general are green in summer. Very different to the southern states where it can hit 40 degrees, with 100km wind, and everything is tinder dry. If your concerned live close to town rather than a bush block. Buderim is a beautiful town.

Archived