189 Visa -- August Gang

Starting a new thread to discuss the anxieties and process after Lodgement of 189.

I just clicked SUBMIT and paid around $7100 for the whole family !!

Front loaded all documents except payslips from previous employer as I was not ready to stay up for another 3 hours scanning them in - but will definitely do them tomorrow.

Had my medical Today as well. No concerns at all :smile::smile::smile:.

In terms of Certifying documents - does everyone goes to Notary or is there any other route ???

Starting a new thread to discuss the anxieties and process after Lodgement of 189.

I just clicked SUBMIT and paid around $7100 for the whole family !!

Front loaded all documents except payslips from previous employer as I was not ready to stay up for another 3 hours scanning them in - but will definitely do them tomorrow.

Had my medical Today as well. No concerns at all :smile::smile::smile:.

In terms of Certifying documents - does everyone goes to Notary or is there any other route ???

You do not need to upload all your payslips, I didn't upload any from previous employers, just references that confirmed salary. If you need to spend 3hours uploading then I would suggest you are providing far too much, you might use up your allowance and then not be able to upload things that really matter. Also there was no need to do medicals just yet, or was that a deliberate choice? There is no need to get anything certified either.

There is no need to get anything certified either.

Can you expand on this? The immigration website clearly states:

All supporting documents should be scanned and uploaded with your application. All documents that you provide must be certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.

Please can you elaborate further on what you mean by "Certifying" the documents? How / what needs to be done for this?

Thanks

From the immigration website:

[h=1]What is a ‘certified copy’ of a document?[/h]A ‘certified copy’ is a copy of an original document such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of identity that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original

So basically you must get an authorised person to say that the copy you are submitting is a true unaltered copy of the original.

Archived