Brighton-Les-Sands NSW

Alnaibii

Hi,

We are a young family, 2 kids (3 and 5).

We are flying to Sydney on the 29th of August. We thought we'll be looking for rent in Brighton-Le-Sands, on a friend's advice.

If anybody knows more about the area, please share. We want to know more about the public schools, neighborhood.

Thanks

Hi,

We are a young family, 2 kids (3 and 5).

We are flying to Sydney on the 29th of August. We thought we'll be looking for rent in Brighton-Le-Sands, on a friend's advice.

If anybody knows more about the area, please share. We want to know more about the public schools, neighborhood.

Thanks

mmmm....I know that Brighton, uk is nice and so is Brighton, Melbourne! ! Cant help with NSW though sorry :-)

I go there sometimes as it is a pleasant location on the shores of Botany Bay, with plenty of restaurants and shops, including a supermarket, and safe swimming (as long as you stay inside the enclosed safe-swimming areas.) There is no railway station, which restricts you to buses, if you are relying on public transport. The major roads through the area are busy, particularly the road along the promenade, which is a major route to and from the City and airport.

I tend to think that you should choose where you are going to live, or stay, according to your needs - where exactly in the city will you be working, for instance? If you have a job lined up in that area south of the City, then Brighton will be fine, but if you are likely to be working further away, say north of the City or west, then it might not be so convenient.

Looking at the map, I was thinking that Kogarah might be more suitable, as it just a couple of kilometres west of Brighton, and it has a railway station, and a public hospital, with all the connected medical services. I'd never been to Kogarah until a couple of weeks ago when I needed an operation, and I was struck just how quick and easy the train service is to the City, and I liked Kogarah itself.

There are some lovely residential areas to the south of Brighton, still close to the sea, if that is important. and, as I said before, Brighton is a lively enough place.

Archived