Transformers for electrical goods

mel73

Hi all, I'm moving to oz later on in the month and I'm taking the fridge and freezer amongst other electrical bits. Can anyone tell me where to get the adapters/transformers for these to work in Oz? Many thanks

Hi all, I'm moving to oz later on in the month and I'm taking the fridge and freezer amongst other electrical bits. Can anyone tell me where to get the adapters/transformers for these to work in Oz? Many thanks

Both the the uk and Australia run off 220-240 volts so no need for special transformers.

No need for adapters either if it is just a plug. These can be chopped off and replaced with an Aussie plug. It is illegal in some states (def victoria) to do it yourself even though it is very easy and the hardware stores sell them to anyone.................

Items with plug built in transformers like Christmas lights or mobile chargers are more of an issue. Instead of buying expensive adapters for each, we just took our uk power boards, cut off the plug, wired on the Aussie plug and used them. We still use them for the Christmas lights 5 years on.

Archived