189 Skilled Independent Visa - EOI - how long before invited to apply?

Becstar

Hi there

I am trying to plan out some vague time lines for the rest of the year and I'm wondering if anyone has any information about how long it takes from when your EOI goes in until the time you get invited to apply? I am going to be submitting my EOI as a secondary school teacher so anyone with experience of that occupation would be a bonus. I'm just trying to get a general feel for the timeframe. I had assumed that it happened relatively quickly (assuming you're not on one of the over-subscribed job lists) since they review them twice a month but someone in immigration said to me that they don't have a timescale for making invitations so I thought I'd try to check out what experiences people have had recently. Thank you :)

According to the reports, most 60 point EOIs can expect to get an invitation within a couple of invitation rounds i.e. within a month. The 'Visa date of effect' for 60 point EOIs for the 14 July round was 2014-06-24 12:21pm. Of course, there's no way of knowing if that time frame will continue because it depends on how many 60+ EOIs are submitted, but it's held for the last several rounds. If you have more than 60 points, you should get an invitation in the first round after you submit your EOI.

Thanks woodymelbourne.

I finally had an email to say my skills assessment is complete - tho it doesn't say the outcome. apparently it will be posted to me in the next 5 days. This is the only thing I am waiting on - my EOI is otherwise completely drafted and I am waiting impatiently to submit it! I too will have only 60 points. I see they have changed the EOI rounds from the first and third Mondays to the second and fourth Mondays of each month. It looks as tho I might make the round on 11 or 25 August cut-off.

Well done @woodymelbourne!

Archived