glitch with the house

ali

Why is it when everything seems to be going along smoothly someone comes along with a massive pin to try to burst your bubble?

We had an offer on the house after only 4 weeks (great), buyer not in a hurry "can go at your pace", we said to estate agent "if we accept their offer which is less than the asking price we want to move out after xmas" o.k. we were told - great we thought - booked flights for January. Got a letter off the solicitor saying the buyers will be ready to move in on December 8th. Have written a letter back to the solicitor to tell them no, we hadn't agreed this date at all - now I'm starting to worry. Hubby says everything will be o.k., he put on the origional documentation to our solicitor we would move after xmas.

I've done a bit of a ramble, but I know that some of you guys have been through this too - and I just wanted to vent.

Ali x

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi Ali.

You know what? It doesn't seem to matter which way round you try to do these things, there is always a problem of some kind :twisted: We complete on house sale tomorow and thought we had timed things perfectly with regard to visa :!: Although we have now got a CO, who we got up at 5am to ring this morning (not that there is much sleeping going on round here at the moment) she was very nice BUT said that there are still long delays in processing times and even though she now has all the required documents we could still be looking at NOVEMBER before our visa is granted :!: I just cant believe it, after such a long wait for a CO it now seems as though its going to be another long wait for a visa. Like you I now feel rather deflated but I suppose will just have to put it down to another twist in this rollercoaster ride of visa getting.

Hope all works out for you with house.

Best wishes, Lesleyxx

Guest Pesky Varmit

Hi Jonezys

Now you've got us worried too! Did your C.O elaborate on the reason for the delays? We are rapidly getting to the same situation as you, just not tomorrow!! Really hope everything works out for you :)

Hi Jonezys

Now you've got us worried too! Did your C.O elaborate on the reason for the delays? We are rapidly getting to the same situation as you, just not tomorrow!! Really hope everything works out for you :)

And us - we've just had a mad panic to get the AOS stuff done as the lease on our rented place runs out end of October......

Choobs

Why is it when everything seems to be going along smoothly someone comes along with a massive pin to try to burst your bubble?

We had an offer on the house after only 4 weeks (great), buyer not in a hurry "can go at your pace", we said to estate agent "if we accept their offer which is less than the asking price we want to move out after xmas" o.k. we were told - great we thought - booked flights for January. Got a letter off the solicitor saying the buyers will be ready to move in on December 8th. Have written a letter back to the solicitor to tell them no, we hadn't agreed this date at all - now I'm starting to worry. Hubby says everything will be o.k., he put on the origional documentation to our solicitor we would move after xmas.

I've done a bit of a ramble, but I know that some of you guys have been through this too - and I just wanted to vent.

Ali x

We are getting a bit nervous now, still haven't exchanged. Completion date is supposed to be Friday 6th Oct, shippers coming in on Wednesday. If we haven't exchanged by Tuesday afternoon we going to have to cancel the shippers. So fed up at the moment still no Visa, all it's seems we do lately is wait!!!!!! Want to cry!!!!! Where's my Visa everyone else seems to be getting there's apart from me :D

Stacey xx

Guest Rbecca

Ali,

Stick to your guns. If you specified staying at home until after Christmas then the solicitor should fix it! He's working for you and being paid well for it too. Hopefully my house will go on the market in the next couple of weeks. The estate agents are quoting this week and next. I would like to have a last Christmas in this house and pack up straight after too.

I hope you get sorted soon.

Rebecca

Archived