Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Airport

HappyHeart

They are a good airline. In economy the seats slide forward so you don't have anyone reclining onto your lap. The business class configuration is not what it used to be, but now that is getting picky.

Airport is very big and I always find my connecting flights are at opposite ends of it! Never used hotel, but lots of shopping to be done and places to get refreshments.

The Regal Hotel you mean?

You have to fill in landing cards and clear immigration to use the hotel, as it's also connected to the outside world, but we've stayed there three times now, and it's been fine for us.

We just checked our luggage through to our destination, and took a change of clothes for everyone in our hand luggage, cleared immigration and walked to the hotel.

If you already have your boarding cards for your second flight, you can just come out of the hotel and up in the lifts to departures, straight through x-ray and to your gate. Very hassle free.

If there's anything specific you want to know, I can try and answer...

The Regal Hotel you mean?

You have to fill in landing cards and clear immigration to use the hotel, as it's also connected to the outside world, but we've stayed there three times now, and it's been fine for us.

We just checked our luggage through to our destination, and took a change of clothes for everyone in our hand luggage, cleared immigration and walked to the hotel.

If you already have your boarding cards for your second flight, you can just come out of the hotel and up in the lifts to departures, straight through x-ray and to your gate. Very hassle free.

If there's anything specific you want to know, I can try and answer...

Thanks Nikki, there's some decent flight prices in December when we want to fly but the connections are lengthy..14 hrs...we have done this via Singapore and stayed in the transit hotel, wasn't sure if it was the same deal at HK...

I think I read somewhere that Cathay have just been voted the worlds best airline? They certainly looked after me when I somehow lost my ticket between the check in desk and the departure lounge, they even booked me an entire middle row as 'comfort' seats on my leg from Sydney to HK after I had caused them so much trouble!

They are a good airline. In economy the seats slide forward so you don't have anyone reclining onto your lap.

These seats were hugely unpopular with customers and the airline decided to discontinue them shortly after their roll out. They might still be found on some shorter routes but they were removed from long haul some time ago.

These seats were hugely unpopular with customers and the airline decided to discontinue them shortly after their roll out. They might still be found on some shorter routes but they were removed from long haul some time ago.

We had those seats on the 12 hour flight from Auckland to Hong Kong, and back again...they weren't great, but at least you didn't have to pester the person in front to put their seat up when the food came round!

We had those seats on the 12 hour flight from Auckland to Hong Kong, and back again...they weren't great, but at least you didn't have to pester the person in front to put their seat up when the food came round!

I am sure the new seats on the A380 and others the seat slides slightly forward as well as the back reclining, it's just that my knee clearance seems to remain the same. Know what you mean about meal times, most people do put them up or simply forget they have them reclined, but I usually ask the attendant as they give me my meal never been a drama.

I am sure the new seats on the A380 and others the seat slides slightly forward as well as the back reclining, it's just that my knee clearance seems to remain the same.

The seats depend on the airline not the aircraft type...pretty sure neither none of the A380 operators have the fixed seat back type economy seats though.

Archived