something i thought i would never see again in the u.k

bunbury61

it aint funny ...it aint rivalry either ...its more than that ....a lot more

Tribal I'd say. Then it went silly with fans slapping goalies...

Here's a reminder of how it finished that year.

Double.jpg

Double.jpg

Edited by Bora

Tribal I'd say. Then it went silly with fans slapping goalies...

Here's a reminder of how it finished that year.

[ATTACH]25680[/ATTACH]

the invincibles were the best side I have ever seen live ...seen a few in their prime ...man utd ..60s ..70s ...90s .....forest 70s early 80s ....Liverpool throughout ....leeds 60s and 70s ....but that arsenal side ....henry , berkcamp ...viera ...frightening ......the one and only time I have seen the opposition roundly applauded at st andrews

the invincibles were the best side I have ever seen live ...seen a few in their prime ...man utd ..60s ..70s ...90s .....forest 70s early 80s ....Liverpool throughout ....leeds 60s and 70s ....but that arsenal side ....henry , berkcamp ...viera ...frightening ......the one and only time I have seen the opposition roundly applauded at st andrews

Cant argue with that - although I never saw anything 'live' till 1989 (a good year to start aswell!) I seem to remember Bergkamp running half the length of the pitch and lofting over your goalie, I think a 4-0 win, maybe....long time ago.

My everlasting moment would be (and not a particualry decisive moment) Fabregas scoring against Juve in 2006 when we got to the CL final. My Son had been born in between titanic battles with Juve and Real Madrid at Highbury (so emotions were high anyway) and there was something about the atmosphere at Highbury that night, electric and sparkling, the air filled with expectation and anxiety, a cauldron of nerves and tension......and we were peppering their goal, the pressure was at bursting point Buffon looked shellshocked standing on the hallowed turf in front of a deafening Clockend......and Pires done the only tackle I've ever seen him do, robbing our captain fantastic Viera near the half way line, nugding the ball into Fab, who dummied the defender (in my minds eye Fab looked at me and said get ready Bora !) and when the ball buldged into the bottom right hand corner of the net ....35,000 people simultaneously exploded and I was left a crumpled heap on the ground such was the outpouring of energy. Recalling this makes my hairs stand up.

Now, where were we, Mullets .....

• 4 weeks later...
I can't tell the difference between say, Geordies and Mackems (a fatal flaw!) and if I'm listening to Noddy Holder, or Roy Wood, Bev Bevan, Jeff Lynne, Dave Hill, Jasper Carrott, who's that football commentator/punter who likes WBA, they all just sound like 'Brummies' to me! (an even more fatal flaw!)

Mackems have that "blank look." Lots of them in Shaun of the Dead. [emoji1]

• 2 weeks later...
no Stacey yam yams are from the black country ( Wolverhampton - Dudley - west brom ) ...instead of you cant its " yam cor do that " ....friendliest people in the country ...but the accent very different to a brummie

My mum is from Bilston and they are great friendly people in the black country. So true in sayin that the accent is differnet from Brum even though very close by.