Would you fly with Malaysian airlines ?

starlight7

Yeah Emirates and Singapore Airlines are the best IMHO. You sometimes get really good deals if you book at the right time too. And to be honest its worth a couple of hundred books for the added comfort of the better carriers on long haul. I don't think i'd survive a China airways flight as i'm 6'3'.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just about the fares. If it was I'd probably end up flying with China southern, or Saudi half the time.

I only tend to fly with the following.

Emirates

Singapore

Malaysia

Etihad

Qatar

Garuda

I then make my choice based on price, total flight time, length of stopover, baggage allowance, departure & arrival time.

I avoid code share flights as much as possible depending on the combination. IE - Emirates code share with qantas. I wouldn't book it. Etihad code share with Garuda. .. that's fine as both are on my preferred list.

Pretty much the same as what we do, our list of airlines will differ (Garuda is a surprise inclusion on your list!) We are prepared to pay more for overall better timed flights, besides the longer journey time, longer stopovers usually mean you spend more money at the stopover anyhow.

Pretty much the same as what we do, our list of airlines will differ (Garuda is a surprise inclusion on your list!) We are prepared to pay more for overall better timed flights, besides the longer journey time, longer stopovers usually mean you spend more money at the stopover anyhow.

Garuda are surprisingly good. They haven't got a fantastic record going back some years but in recent times they have really pulled themselves together.

just hoping that they finally get their direct UK to Jakarta flights started in September aving delayed it twice and that will make them an even more interesting prospect.

This is an interesting story in light of recent events.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28427236

A bomb had landed 1 mile away from Tel Aviv airport.

USA order flights to divert.

Europe recommends flights to divert.

British Airways decides to continue servicing the route....

I'm question their decision making, and that of anyone who gets on that flight.

With a lot of trepidation we flew with China Eastern, China Southern , Chonqqing Air and Shanghai Air during a tour of China earlier this year. They were all surprisingly good though very full and a wait each time to take off because of congestion at the airports. The food was dire but that was our Western taste I guess- still don't know what the dark green balls were except they tasted nasty. Contrast this with 1990 when we flew China Air and there were chooks running around the plane, overhead lockers were left open and people were spitting and hawking into the sick bags. They've come a long,long way.

Archived