Partner Visa 309 - Processing Times - Lodged mine on February 21st 2014

tj1987

Hi, I'm new here. My names Tony and I just wanted to log my progress and follow up on any other applicants' processing times.

I lodged my 309 Partner Visa on 21st February 2014 online, our CO contacted us in March, all documentation was completed in May, Medical and Police checks were completed at the end of June.

I always like a bit of wishful thinking and have flights booked (but can be changed) in November (81/2 months after lodging my visa).

I'd love to hear about other applicants around this date.

On another note, I recently emailed my case officer for confirmation of my medical checks and I obviously asked for an approximate time frame for my visa to be granted but I didn't get a reply from my case officer, instead I got a reply from a guy named Luis who informed me that if all documentaton is submitted then I should just wait. I thought I had my case officer until my visa is granted and i have purposefully only emailed her twice as to not be annoying. I'm a little annoyed that because I've been a bit more of an "easy customer" that she can't even be bothered to reply to me.

CO are busy people and tbh general enquiries about when a visa is due to be granted don't really get much in the way of reply. The timeframe is 8-9 months. Most are granted within this time. They don't contact you unless they need to, otherwise its a sit and wait till you get that email grant letter. If you've not heard anything like them requiring further info then you can pretty much take it they have all they need. Same with medical and police check, if all was good there, nothing more to be done.

I never expected my CO to reply to any email I sent. However I never sent them any enquiring about visa grant as I knew what the timeframe was for it. When I did need to contact my CO about something they replied, were very nice, direct and answered my question. Other than that, I left them alone.

We have an ongoing partner visa thread here where those waiting are posting stuff and have timelines etc.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

FWIW, you can always travel to Aus on a tourist visa and then go off shore for actual grant to take effect. You need to inform your CO of your plans if you do this so they know to contact you to liase the off shore dates. And you need to ensure you dont apply for a tourist visa so late in the day it risks crossing over with your partner visa grant and cancelling it out.

Hi Snifter,

Thanks for the reply. I was informed at my medical that my CO would confirm my medical check had passed and that was the main reason I needed the confirmation. I have actually just been contacted and informed that I will no longer be dealt with by my CO until my visa is granted. This is due to new modifed process changes (that changed in May 2014) within the department of immigration and border protection. I was also informed that my medical checks are all ok and complete, so now I'm happy to wait.

Thanks for the thread link and I have decided to follow the tourist visa route as and when I need to.

Hi Snifter,

Thanks for the reply. I was informed at my medical that my CO would confirm my medical check had passed and that was the main reason I needed the confirmation. I have actually just been contacted and informed that I will no longer be dealt with by my CO until my visa is granted. This is due to new modifed process changes (that changed in May 2014) within the department of immigration and border protection. I was also informed that my medical checks are all ok and complete, so now I'm happy to wait.

Thanks for the thread link and I have decided to follow the tourist visa route as and when I need to.

I'd not leave applying for a tourist visa till the last minute though. Inform your CO or contact of your plans to travel on a tourist visa if needed and that you intend to apply now for one. And then apply for it, its free. And if then your visa comes through a couple of months later, nothing lost. Its leaving it till the last minute might stuff you up.

• 1 month later...

Morning all

I had posted on a similar thread , with over 900 pages, but seems all email links to this previous thread no longer work. My likes and posts have also vanished from my profile. I have emailed admin. Anyone advise what's happened? Confused.com

I know, I have a few months left until I get a decision regarding my visa and I had a bunch of people in the same timeframe as myself so all the updates were making the wait easier. If we can't get the thread up and running again, hopefully people can start posting their updates here.

Archived