Partner Visa documentation

ADGT

Hi, we are about to lodge our partner visa offshore in London but concerned about amount of documentation. We have been together 6 years and living together for 5 years. Would you include tenancy agreements and bills, bank statements for the whole of the 5 years or just past 12 months as that is all you need to have been living together for. We have 2 children together so not too concerned about all the proof but just don't want to overload with documentation if we don't have too!

thanks!

I'd cover the timeframe they ask for. And then just include a couple of tenancy agreements and perhaps a random bank statement or two from a couple of previous years as extra if you want. Not months and months worth of them. Just one per year going back a couple of years.

We included 2 years of hubby's bank statement summaries to tie in with 2 years of salary slips iirc as he was the sponsor and main earner. Then random proof from each year before that. One document per year putting us at the same address on say car insurance or us on the council tax. Wasn't a huge amount but we wanted to include it.

You'll also need the sponsor to provide birth cert, AUS passport and proof of their UK visa status or UK citizenship if they hold it.

Thanks so much snifter! That sounds much more reasonable than putting all the documents in. Will definitely put in random proof from every year we have lived together!

I am the sponsor so yes have all that organised already. Do you know if we need to provide all previous passports, obviously we have the current ones but my hubby doesn't know where he has put his previous one and wondering if they really need it?

If so, we'll be turning the house upside down to find it! :-)

Thanks so much snifter! That sounds much more reasonable than putting all the documents in. Will definitely put in random proof from every year we have lived together!

I am the sponsor so yes have all that organised already. Do you know if we need to provide all previous passports, obviously we have the current ones but my hubby doesn't know where he has put his previous one and wondering if they really need it?

If so, we'll be turning the house upside down to find it! :-)

Yes, random paperwork from each year is what we did. Not heaps from every month but just one item each, showing us at the same address at the same time for a few years. Plus having a child together, we included all the information for him and his passports etc. The two years financial side was to show hubby earning and it going into his account and then him transferring to the joint one etc.

I'm sure it will be fine. It still ends up being a tidy pile but it all fits in a Jiffy bag ;)

Just curious - have you got your kids Aussie citizenship by descent and their passports or are you adding them to the visa? If Aussie citizenship and passports you should include copies of those as well as their birth certificates (its cheaper to do it this way than add them to the visa application).

We added the original lease agreement and then renewals for each year (we were together since 2010 and lodged late 2013 so had four leases) as well as a gas or electric bill from each year. We dont have joint bank accounts or a car so didnt include anything like that and there was no issue. Definitely dont include the whole run of bank statements for the past five years - way too much.

If you do a covering letter with your application and supporting documentation perhaps ask if you can be considered for PR straight away (the 100 not the 309) as obviously you have been together long enough and meet the critera - sometimes CO's will do it automatically and sometimes they wont so it doesnt hurt to mention it.

Good luck and dont stress too much :)

I've just sent mines off last month.

I included various documents - bills, anything 'joint' etc. Although we have been together 7 years, living together for 5 years and married nearly three - and to mention two daughters also - I was amazed at just how little we had 'joint names' on. Didn't realise how tough it was to prove our relationship until I done that!

Hang on - if you've been living together that long, make sure you provide three years of evidence of that. Three years de facto or longer goes straight to permanent residency (or two years or longer if you have a child together).

Just what I was going to say. Make sure you have three years at least covered very thoroughly.

Great, thanks for advice everyone. Will definitely include 3 years evidence and then some random evidence for previous years. Yes, our children have Oz citizenship through descent, have got certified copies of their citizenship certificates and their OZ and UK passports so that is all covered! I didn't realise you could ask to be considered for 100 so will definitely ask for that! Thanks once again, everyone very helpful! x

Great, thanks for advice everyone. Will definitely include 3 years evidence and then some random evidence for previous years. Yes, our children have Oz citizenship through descent, have got certified copies of their citizenship certificates and their OZ and UK passports so that is all covered! I didn't realise you could ask to be considered for 100 so will definitely ask for that! Thanks once again, everyone very helpful! x

It should be automatic if you meet the requirements as mentioned above. Having two children together and a few years of evidence should be more than ample. I didn't ask for PR but was granted it from the off based on the application and supporting evidence I submitted. We had a child together, had been together long enough. We covered 2 years pretty fully (well, bank statement stuff and pay slips from hubby mostly there along with a few bills etc) and then random evidence for the couple of years before that.

ETA - We did also include our marriage cert being married :cute: So that also went towards our evidence to prove our timeframe.

Archived