Hello all

Calmac

Calmac here...66 yr old, wife 70, only daughter and grandchildren in Melbourne for 10 years after she married an Aussie. Grandchildren born in Melbourne.

Stuck in uk almost until retirement looking after our own parents but now free to move.

So we are looking at parent visas etc...Trying to work out the cost and wondering what the average immigration consultant would charge for services....our health records aren't exactly pristine either!!

Hi Calmac, I hope this information is useful to you but I don't know exactly how accurate it will be based on your situation as we are just a married couple who have obtained an independant skills visa and we paid our agent approximately £3,000 - from the research I have done this is pretty much a standard price, however, if you'rebeing added to somebody elses visa then I don't suppose it would be as expensive? Good luck!

Hi Calmac, I hope this information is useful to you but I don't know exactly how accurate it will be based on your situation as we are just a married couple who have obtained an independant skills visa and we paid our agent approximately £3,000 - from the research I have done this is pretty much a standard price, however, if you'rebeing added to somebody elses visa then I don't suppose it would be as expensive? Good luck!

Thanks a lot and good luck yourself in Oz.

Hi and welcome.

The cost is going to be about $100k.

The agent fees are going to be about $2500 - $3k

If there are health issues that may impact the application then I highly recommend you use an agent that specializes in this. The one that comes to mind is George Lombard.

Hi and welcome.

The cost is going to be about $100k.

The agent fees are going to be about $2500 - $3k

If there are health issues that may impact the application then I highly recommend you use an agent that specializes in this. The one that comes to mind is George Lombard.

Thanks for response....

so you reckon about au £100,000.I had a bad turn for a minute thinking in pounds sterling terms.About £60,000 or so seems right. A hell of a lot but what choice??

Thanks for response....

so you reckon about au £100,000.I had a bad tirn fo a monute thinking in pounf sterling terms.About £60,000 or so seems right. A hell of a lot but what choice??

Yes about $100,000 or so. A lot of money, but not a bad place to see out retirement. No more really cold winters, well people say it is cold here, but it is rarely freezing and you don't have to scrape the car in the morning. Yesterday I went out in short sleeves and no jacket and it is mid winter.

But it is a lot of money to spend, have you made some long trips here already? You need to really make sure you are sure.. I have seen one or two, not many, that spend all that money and then return a year later because they cannot settle. Long holidays is the choice.

Yes about $100,000 or so. A lot of money, but not a bad place to see out retirement. No more really cold winters, well people say it is cold here, but it is rarely freezing and you don't have to scrape the car in the morning. Yesterday I went out in short sleeves and no jacket and it is mid winter.

But it is a lot of money to spend, have you made some long trips here already? You need to really make sure you are sure.. I have seen one or two, not many, that spend all that money and then return a year later because they cannot settle. Long holidays is the choice.

Thanks for you response.

Visited daughter and grandchidren 6 times over the last 8 years, each stay for four to five weeks....It is the proximity of family that we hope will help us settle and of course avoiding the noth east winter gloom.

I would also just say make sure you want to do this and do seek the professional advice.

If for any reason you decide not to or the medical issues prevent, then you may be able to get a 600 visa. This is designed for parents to have extended visits. You can spend up to a year at a time in Oz and it is valid for 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived