Ielts

Big A

Hi,I was over in perth on a 457 visa 2 years ago and now i am back home in Scotland just about to start my full visa application.I have booked my general Ielts test for next month and i was just looking for some tips or anything that could help me in any way as i heard it can be a bit tricky.

Hi,I was over in perth on a 457 visa 2 years ago and now i am back home in Scotland just about to start my full visa application.I have booked my general Ielts test for next month and i was just looking for some tips or anything that could help me in any way as i heard it can be a bit tricky.

The reading and Listening are pretty easy, just pay attention and make sure you understand the format. For the Speaking and Listening stick to basic English and you'll be fine, just don't try and use complicated English. They are looking for error free sentences.

This website helped me alot

http://ielts-simon.com/

Google is your friend, there are plenty of really good websites out there.

I used ielts-exam.net - really good site, full of lots of information and practise papers/questions and listening examples.

Take your time on the reading and writing, prepare for the listening on by getting LOTS of practise in.

I would say of all the tests to pay special attention to, the reading is probably it. My opinion, of course, but I lost marks my first time round and failed to achieve my 20 points, so re-sat to improve my reading score (and did).

I paid £40 for the official cambridge IELTS study book. I think it was worth it for the tips and mock exams.

Archived