IELTS just missed out :-( I am a midwife migration agent said I can do the general?

manchester lass

Hi everyone,

just received my IELTS results and I just missed out boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I was under the impression that I had to sit the academic test however a migration agent advised me that I can sit the general, its the results I get that matter. I need 8's. Is this true?

thank you

If you're sitting the test purely for points, you can take the General test. If you're sitting IELTS to meet ANMAC skills assessment requirements, you must do Academic for that purpose.

If you need to do IELTS for both skills assessment and points, you must do Academic until you meet ANMAC requirements (all 7s) and if you need a higher score for points than you have managed in Academic, you can then do General if you wish.

I sat my test twice to get the score I wanted, so a second attempt isn't so bad at all. Make sure you have a book or a study guide to get you on track for the way in which to answer the questions (depending on what areas of the test you didn't do so well in).

Archived