189 visa application as a plumber-help needed

Hi there!

can anybody who has applied for a skilled independent 189 visa as a plumber please help me? I have decided to apply for the visa myself and starting to wonder if I should have used an agent!

So I have completed ilets and sent into vetassess my plumbing qualifications and experience Etc... Waiting a result as to if I am able to progress to stage 2... the practical.

I am of the understanding that if I pass both sections I will then be able to use the paperwork that vetassess give me to prove and claim the points for working in the industry for 8 years and also 'a qualification recognized as an australian standard'. Am I correct?

Or then, do I have to do the same all over again with TRA to get proof to claim the points need for the department of immigration?

any feedback would be great!

cheers

chopchop

I cant help with the points system etc,

But you will NOT have an Australian qualification.

You will definitely have to do a "gap training course" when you land in Oz different states have different rules and you should contact the local TAFE (government college) and ask about courses.

Vetasses basically verify that you are a plumber and have the relevant experience to undertake the relevant training offered in Australia without undertaking a full apprenticeship again.

Cheers StevenLozza

I fully I understand what you are saying about doing a migrant gap course when I arrive in perth, however I am not 100% sure if once I pass vetassess... If i do.... Then will the documentation they provide be sufficient to pass to DIBP to prove that I can gain the points I need to claim for. As in the facts that I have a plumbing qualification and I have worked in the industry for 9 years.... Do I then have to provide all the same evidence to TRA that I have done to Vetassess for TRA to then assess me again to provide me with the points advice that I need?

cheers again

craig

Totally not sure with that 1, depending on your age you may need to undertake the IELTS exam and get a average score. I think the minimum points you need for the visa is 60?

I would join PerthPoms forum as there is a few plumbers on there who are doing the same thing as you, I'm a gas engineer in the uk but I'm going to Perth on a spouse visa so I didn't need to do any of the assessments.

No, Vetassess do not give points advice for plumbers with their assessments, that would be done through TRA. Ridiculous when you think about it, TRA outsource the main assessment work to Vetassess but then you have to go back to TRA with pretty much the same documentation if you want points advice.

Should point out that points advice is an optional service. The overall issuing of points lies with the DIBP and you can submit an application without it.

No, Vetassess do not give points advice for plumbers with their assessments, that would be done through TRA. Ridiculous when you think about it, TRA outsource the main assessment work to Vetassess but then you have to go back to TRA with pretty much the same documentation if you want points advice.

Should point out that points advice is an optional service. The overall issuing of points lies with the DIBP and you can submit an application without it.[/quote

Thanks Adam Grey

Thank you you very much for your info! I was a little unsure as it is a little complicated I must admit! Does seen a 'backwards' way of doing it however!

Sorry for more questions...

So it is ILETS test first

Then vetassess stage 1 and 2 (first aid aswell)

Then EOI

Then if immigration requests.. TRA for points advice.. Another $1100!!!! Lol!

Then Medicals and police checks.

Correct?

Cheers

craig

Presuming you're a British Citizen:

IELTS (if required for points) anytime before submitting the EOI

Vetassess or another TRA-approved RTO anytime before submitting the EOI

Points advice if you feel you really need it

Submit EOI

Police clearances and medicals can be obtained anytime you want but only have a 12 month validity.

If you have a standard UK qualification like an NVQ 3 and you fully familiarise yourself with what will and won't be counted as work experience, then you may be able to save yourself the points advice fee. Over-claiming work experience is one of the main causes of rejection in this visa though, so please research thoroughly.

Archived