Anyone used Golden Arrow Pet Shippers?

emj1986

Hi all,

Going to be booking my little monsters out to Oz in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any experience of Golden Arrow Pet Shippers? Based on how comprehensive a service the shippers offer (I don't want to be left to my own devices with anything!) I have narrowed it down to Pet Air and Golden Arrow. On face value they seem to offer a comparable service but Golden Arrow are CONSIDERABLY cheaper so im wondering if im missing something somewhere?

Thanks,

Emma

For the money ill save its a no brainer then really - thanks guys you've put my mind at rest

Hi - im currently looking into shipping our Dog and cat too next year.

I decided I was going to do it all myself though - its really not all that difficult. You have to make sure you have all the relevant import / export permits and vet checks etc and an air kennel which can be purchased from the airline.

I spoke with a very helpful lady at Emirates SkyCargo - they deal with Pets as manifest cargo. They have a great service for animals with a stopover station for pets in Dubai where they are let out and exercised and fed etc before sent onto the forwarding flight.

Skycargo gave me a rough quote for booking our animals....it was £1500 cheaper than the quotes I have had from reputable pet shipping agents. The advisor also told me that there is no need for animals to be boarded in kocal kennels overnight beforehand and they can be brought straight to the airline handler day of flight.

Now for the vet bit - I have emailled my vet asking for a quote for all the relevant vaccs and blood checks and form filling etc

next would be to apply for import permits and book quarantine when we know our flights.

Its not hard - just time consuming and has to be done properly.. But if your organised then you could save ££££

Just a thought x

ps - Sorry Bob

Id love to be able to do it myself but there is so much paperwork involved along with various vaccinations, blood test etc etc - im an organised person but the stress of emigrating is enough in itself without worrying that a form has been filled in wrong or ive missed something out. More than happy to pay a few thousand not to worry that my babies will get turned away at the airport! x

We had problems with our dog testing positive for parvo and golden arrow were amazing. Even though quarantine were fully booked for months they managed to arrange to change our dates slightly if needed, and change flights, all at the last minute. I was so glad to have that help when we were in the process of selling our house, leaving jobs, etc etc. Worth every penny.

Golden Arrows flew our boy, Cody the cat, out and they were absolutely fantastic with him!!! He stayed with them for a few weeks before he flew to Oz and he was well cared for and looked after. The fact that they were cheaper than Pet Air was a bonus as their service was top notch!! I would definitely recommend them!

Thank you all so much for putting my mind at rest! Been more worried about the animals than the move itself - ridiculous really! :smile:

I had a quote from them (around 1 month ago) but I was not impressed. From memory, the info they provided was very out of date. They do not use vetbed for travelling. Instead their cage is lined with paper which will do a very poor job at holding urine etc on such a long flight.

I will read it again when home and see what else put me off.

Mine seemed pretty up to date - had my quote beginning of last week and it had the new quarantine pricing in there etc. Don't recall if I saw the paper lined part over the vetbed but need to clarify a few things with them over the phone anyway before I put my deposit down.

Archived