Urgent help needed! I have my citizenship appointment tomorrow and...

up4answers

... I thought that Form 1095 was able to be verified by anyone on the list - so I was going to go to the police station to get my photo verified. But now I just read the form in more detail it says the person has to have know you for a minimum of 1 year.

We've moved around a fair bit and I don't know anyone on the occupations list that has known me for 1 year..!!!

Can anyone advise?

I'm thinking as a worst case scenario I take my passport and then form to the Police station and get a police officer to say they've known me 0 years - but at least it would be a verification.

It's Sunday at 1.10pm, and my appointment is 9am tomorrow... urgently help massively appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

I attended my citizenship test/interview a few months ago. We had also recently moved interstate. I misread the form 1095 and didn't realise it had to be someone who had known you for a year who had to sign the form. The day before the test, I made an appointment to see a local JP and ask her to sign the form. Unfortunately she was adamant she couldn't do it as it stated that they had to have known us a year! Anyway I still attended the test the next day and was told I had 2 weeks to get the form to immigration after I sat ( and passed) the test.

fortunately I am a nurse so just sent the form to one of my colleagues and they signed the photo and form for us! I am not sure how it will be if you genuinely do not know someone in one of the nominated occupations and who could sign your form and photo.

my advice to you would still attend the appointment and explain the situation to the immigration officer!!

Good luck tomorrow

Karen

Archived