Places of interest in Perth

HappyHeart

Absolutely..it's a case of having the time for us...

Yeah...I find having to do the 9 to 5, and only having weekend sucks.....but I've still managed to see heaps of WA while we have been here.

weve done Perth, north as far as monkey Mia, south down to cape naturalist. . It's such a beautiful state

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait for the warm weather as I really want to do Yanchep lagoon (hence the avatar) will have a google at what the park has to offer, all 3 kids are fasinated by the ocean so a boat trip maybe, are the dolphins around this time of year? Like the sound of driving to Perth and catching the ferry to South Perth (@Lindor isn't that your turf?) just needs to keep an 8, 5 and 3 yr old occupied.

It's nice to catch the ferry and then go to Perth zoo with littlies.

Yanchep country park is fantastic, even quite close to our time we left I remember sitting there having a ice-cream with ring necked parrots flying about and it was late to the roos were starting to come out and I thought I would never get over the thrill.

Lots to do there for families and not expensive.

Yeah...I find having to do the 9 to 5, and only having weekend sucks.....but I've still managed to see heaps of WA while we have been here.

weve done Perth, north as far as monkey Mia, south down to cape naturalist. . It's such a beautiful state

Have you been East Fi, the Blackwood river region? If not you must do..a very different feel..lovely

I can't wait for the warm weather as I really want to do Yanchep lagoon (hence the avatar) will have a google at what the park has to offer, all 3 kids are fasinated by the ocean so a boat trip maybe, are the dolphins around this time of year? Like the sound of driving to Perth and catching the ferry to South Perth @Lindor isn't that your turf?) just needs to keep an 8, 5 and 3 yr old occupied.

Didnt realise @Lindor was a Perth icon, but no Baz, our lovely Lindor lords it over east Perth

Guest Guest 47403
Hey Baz, off topic but I didn't realise you were now in Australia & I didn't realise you were going to Perth (you just didn't listen to me did you!! :biglaugh:)

I hope it all all works out well for you and your family.

I know, knew you'd pick me up on it sooner or later don't want to hijack HH's thread and go into exactly how we ended up here............but here we are and so far so good.

We truely are. No rain forecast for this weekend, so plenty of choice.

if you get bored in WA, then you ain't looking:cool:

We did get bored - not with WA, there was so much we didn't get to see, but with what you could do comfortably in a day from where we lived. But lets not fall out about it :wink: The longest I've ever lived anywhere is 7 years - that's just my nature. I score high on 'sensation seeking' and 'risk-taking' - I like variety, I sometimes wonder how I've stayed with the same man so long (28 years!) - lets just say I keep him on his toes :biglaugh:

Guest Guest 47403
Didnt realise @Lindor was a Perth icon, but no Baz, our lovely Lindor lords it over east Perth

Ah the queen of East Perth is it............knew she was somewhere North/East/South or West Perth.

Guest Guest 47403
A trip round freemantle wouldn't go amiss either. Something for everybody there:smile:

You love Freo don't you Fi heard you go on about it before.

Ooh no, never even heard of that....tell me more.

Have a look at Nannup and Bridgetown, two places we have stayed and others visited for the day..

http://www.bridgetown.wa.gov.au/

http://www.nannup.wa.gov.au/

If we have had enough of the coast we head here..ideal Winter destinations...think quaint little villages/quirky shops/riverside/fishing etc

We did get bored - not with WA, there was so much we didn't get to see, but with what you could do comfortably in a day from where we lived. But lets not fall out about it :wink: The longest I've ever lived anywhere is 7 years - that's just my nature. I score high on 'sensation seeking' and 'risk-taking' - I like variety, I sometimes wonder how I've stayed with the same man so long (28 years!) - lets just say I keep him on his toes :biglaugh:

Hey I get it, I'm normally bored after about 6 years, but managed 11 with the last job.

but I've never lived anywhere as ace as this, so hopefully this will keep me here. While in the UK, I used to pay thousands to head to the Maldives on hols....now ive got the same thing on my doorstep. If I get bored with WA, still plenty of OZ left to exp.ore

Guest Guest 47403
It's nice to catch the ferry and then go to Perth zoo with littlies.

Yanchep country park is fantastic, even quite close to our time we left I remember sitting there having a ice-cream with ring necked parrots flying about and it was late to the roos were starting to come out and I thought I would never get over the thrill.

Lots to do there for families and not expensive.

Wife was on about the zoo so if we catch the ferry over to South Perth is the zoo within walking distance?

Moore River's lovely too

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g255101-d2514537-Reviews-Moore_River-Western_Australia.html

We camped at Yanchep and went there and to Lancelin - did this http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g495064-d1444576-Reviews-Desert_Storm_Adventures-Lancelin_Western_Australia.html and sand boarding, amazing :) My son would have been 7 or 8 maybe and have a fantastic time.

Wife was on about the zoo so if we catch the ferry over to South Perth is the zoo within walking distance?

Yes, I can't remember quite how far but yes that's what we did.

It most certainly is..perfect day for the zoo tomorrow. Cool enough to walk and enjoy it...take a picnic or a bbq..sure thee are free bbqs there..or theres a cafe..the zoo is nice..signed when you get off ferry Baz..just walk up the bank and cross over...theres several cafes on the walk there too and the ferry will cost less than $10 for as many trips as you like for whole family on a familyrider ticket..

Yeah Baz it is a 5 or so minute walk from the Ferry, go on the weekend get a family day ticket, get train from Cockburn to the City then on the Ferry, lovely day out and the Transperth family tickets covers trains,buses and the ferry xx

Hey I get it, I'm normally bored after about 6 years, but managed 11 with the last job.

but I've never lived anywhere as ace as this, so hopefully this will keep me here. While in the UK, I used to pay thousands to head to the Maldives on hols....now ive got the same thing on my doorstep. If I get bored with WA, still plenty of OZ left to exp.ore

That's the thing we scratch our heads now and wonder what we were thinking - somewhere like the Maldives would never appeal to me as a holiday destination.

Different stokes for different folks eh?

Great thread this - enjoying a trip down memory lane - it wasn't all bad :biglaugh:

You love Freo don't you Fi heard you go on about it before.

Your right I do love the diversity of Freo.

funny thing though I've done a whole round thing with Freo. Loved it, hated it, loved it again.

That was as a newbie. Now its a def love and staying that way.

Your right I do love the diversity of Freo.

funny thing though I've done a whole round thing with Freo. Loved it, hated it, loved it again.

That was as a newbie. Now its a def love and staying that way.

I fell in love with Freo on our reccie and it will always have a special place in my heart.

That's the thing we scratch our heads now and wonder what we were thinking - somewhere like the Maldives would never appeal to me as a holiday destination.

Different stokes for different folks eh?

Great thread this - enjoying a trip down memory lane - it wasn't all bad :biglaugh:

Well I suppose if you aren't beach people....Perth is not the place to rock up to

Guest Guest 47403
Yeah Baz it is a 5 or so minute walk from the Ferry, go on the weekend get a family day ticket, get train from Cockburn to the City then on the Ferry, lovely day out and the Transperth family tickets covers trains,buses and the ferry xx

That's brilliant thanks Laney didn't know that would have bought seperate tickets lol..............

That's the little bits that help us newbies so much :wubclub:

Archived