489 Visa

Hi I am new to this so please bear with me. :ssign16:

We have submitted our 489 Visa end of April along with all police checks and medicals but have not heard from anyone and as far as I can see we have not been given a CO. We have gone through an agent but every time I email or ring and leave messages I am not getting a response I am worried that we have got lost somewhere along the chain. Can anyone advise us on how long it takes to get a 489

Many thanks

Christina.

Hi Christina,

We are in South Africa and we lodged a 489 SS visa for Queensland. We lodged 14 March and received a CO 8 weeks later 9 May. Friends of ours lodged their 489 on the 31st May and have not received a CO. Their are also at least 2 other couples who lodged 190 visas around March and also no CO.

Our agents forwarded an email from DIBP stating a slow down in issuing of visas as they are nearing their targets for the year. Apparently everything speeds up in July.

I am sure you will receive your CO in July when the new year starts.

All the best and let us know when you get your CO.

T

Thank you you very much for the reply I feel a little less anxious knowing that we are not the only ones in this situation I was becoming concerned thought maybe our application has got lost in the system somwhere. I will keep you posted once we hear more.

Thanks again

Christina. :smile:

Hi Christina,

We are in South Africa and we lodged a 489 SS visa for Queensland. We lodged 14 March and received a CO 8 weeks later 9 May. Friends of ours lodged their 489 on the 31st May and have not received a CO. Their are also at least 2 other couples who lodged 190 visas around March and also no CO.

Our agents forwarded an email from DIBP stating a slow down in issuing of visas as they are nearing their targets for the year. Apparently everything speeds up in July.

I am sure you will receive your CO in July when the new year starts.

All the best and let us know when you get your CO.

T

As you have front loaded Medicals and police checks unless your co requires any further info you prob won't be contacted by them and your application will go straight to grant. As the above poster has said there has been delays with grants due to DIBP reaching planning levels for the year. If there had been issues with your application you usually hear from a co quickly. Try not to worry and be patient.

Thank you very much for your response I feel a little more relaxed knowing that we are not the only ones feeling in limbo. We will have to wait until July and keep our fingers crossed that it all moves relatively quickly as we would like to fly out August time.

Well looks like we are all in the same boat as we applied on the 12th May (front loaded medicals and police checks) and haven't heard anything. After looking on POI at all of the delay emails people were getting, I have not been expecting to hear anything until at least July.

We are also hoping to head out in August if we get the visa through in time as we don't really want to have to stick our son back in school after the holidays for a few weeks.

We have applied for WA state sponsorship so looking to head to the Bunbury area.

Archived