How soon to start applying for jobs?

pinknurse83

Hi everyone I have just completed medicals and am now awaiting my visa and ahpra registration. All currently being processed. I would like to think they will be done by august time. How sokn would people suggest I start applying for jobs as a nurse? Id like to have at leadt interviews before I book my flights. Didn't know wether to wait for visa and ahpra are finalised or just go for it and contact prospective employers?

Would appreciate advice [emoji4]

Guest NuriootpaSA

Now? You won't get a job offer without registration LOE.

You may get a "subject to Registration" offer, but that means they can employ somebody over your head.

The way AHPRA is at the moment, it could be months before you get registered - hospitals won't wait that long.

Seriously i would wait till you got here, do agency work, theres heaps, dont just send in an EOI, when you get here go to local hospital if thats what you want (be it ward or community) speak to local nurse recruitment, be pushy, im sure you will get something! Where you looking at going? To be honest without AHPRA i dont think they would even consider an application, however things take a while even when here!

Seriously i would wait till you got here, do agency work, theres heaps, dont just send in an EOI, when you get here go to local hospital if thats what you want (be it ward or community) speak to local nurse recruitment, be pushy, im sure you will get something! Where you looking at going? To be honest without AHPRA i dont think they would even consider an application, however things take a while even when here!

hi, im actually looking at goin to qld around brisbane area. hopefully doin community which I do in the UK. I just cant wait to apply!! how long have you been in oz yourself?

Wait till you get ahpra sorted. I applied for a job and they told me I had the exact skills they were looking for but wouldn't interview me until Ahpra sorted and was available to work. They have said to get in touch when I do though so was still worth applying.

Wait till you get ahpra sorted. I applied for a job and they told me I had the exact skills they were looking for but wouldn't interview me until Ahpra sorted and was available to work. They have said to get in touch when I do though so was still worth applying.

thats good to know! ! thanks! are you working there now?

hi, im actually looking at goin to qld around brisbane area. hopefully doin community which I do in the UK. I just cant wait to apply!! how long have you been in oz yourself?

Hi been here since Sept. I sent in an EOI, heard nothing, applied for a few clinical nurse posts again nothing so took a job as a practice nurse for a few month, realised it wasnt for me so actually went into the Gold Coast hospital one day and asked for a job! Got an 8 week backfill post on neuro rehab, still there 12 weeks later, but had 2 interviews for clinical nurse roles in community just waiting to hear both sound promising. The people i know who are on the pool have as much work as they need and the hospital still need to use external agencies to fill, lots of contracts are short term though that dosent worry me to be honest as its plain to see they need nurses theyre just reluctant at mo to give them out.

Hi been here since Sept. I sent in an EOI, heard nothing, applied for a few clinical nurse posts again nothing so took a job as a practice nurse for a few month, realised it wasnt for me so actually went into the Gold Coast hospital one day and asked for a job! Got an 8 week backfill post on neuro rehab, still there 12 weeks later, but had 2 interviews for clinical nurse roles in community just waiting to hear both sound promising. The people i know who are on the pool have as much work as they need and the hospital still need to use external agencies to fill, lots of contracts are short term though that dosent worry me to be honest as its plain to see they need nurses theyre just reluctant at mo to give them out.

wow!! how long have you bern in oz then and where did you move from? its good to hear other experiences. so do you think it would be worth applying direct to the hospital and getting into wherever is available just before moving and then being more selective once in QLD? Thanks for the info!

wow!! how long have you bern in oz then and where did you move from? its good to hear other experiences. so do you think it would be worth applying direct to the hospital and getting into wherever is available just before moving and then being more selective once in QLD? Thanks for the info!

orry just realised you bern there since september ha!

Archived