Citizenship timeline in Melbourne

lljj

I am wondering that anyone has done citizenship test in Melbourne recently?

Could you please share some information about how long it took to be approved?

After the test?, less than 24 hours (if you pass your test), on-line status will change to "applicant approved", and in about 3 - 4 days

you will receive the approval letter by mail.

The longer part will be the citizenship ceremony, it will take months (3, 4, 5, 6,...).

Have you checked your on-line status, when did you do your test?

I took the test on 10/06/2014 at 10.00am and when I checked my on-line status, it showed 'Applicant Approved'.

I received the approval letter on 13/06/2014, and it was electronically signed by Scott Morrison (Minister for Immigration and Border Protection).

Still waiting the invitation for ceremony.

Who is your local council?, mine is Boroondara and I know they have one ceremony in 24/07/2014, but I don't think I will be able to get in to that date as most people have to wait months.

I took my test this Monday. I just checked my online status again, and nothing yet....

I took the test in Melbourne in April and it took about a month for the letter to come through. Still waiting on an invite for a ceremony.

Did you check your online status? How long did you wait before the online status was changed?

Did you check your online status? How long did you wait before the online status was changed?

I have never been able to make the online system work as I don't know my TRN. But it took about a month for my grant because they said they had to do police checks and if you have a common name (as I do) then it takes a while.

I have never been able to make the online system work as I don't know my TRN. But it took about a month for my grant because they said they had to do police checks and if you have a common name (as I do) then it takes a while.

I thought they can do the police check online in a few minutes....

I also have a common name. I went to my university eye glass shop today and was told that there are 3 people who have the same name as mine...

Did you call Immi to confirm that it is because of common names?

Hi guys,

i just applied online and according to my friends who just applied there's no need to attach any document. The website however says I have to attach all the documents within 7 days. I'm a bit confused. Can anybody lemme know what to do? If we have to attach documents what are the ones we need to attach?

thank you in advance

lana

Did you call Immi to confirm that it is because of common names?

My interview was a pleasant chat and my CO explained that I had provided the correct paperwork and met the requirements. She looked up my local council and told me there were 14 people queued up for the next ceremony so she said that I should get in for that one. She then said that the next step was the police check which would take about three weeks - she said it was sometimes quicker but three weeks was about the timescale for people with a common name - and that I should hear back within a month. She said that if I hadn't heard back in a month then give them a call, but otherwise not to worry.

I really have the impression that if you were going to be recommended for being declined then you would have been told and given an opportunity to present counter-arguments. I really can't see them using the argument that you don't intend to live in Australia because you currently live in Australia and nobody can tell what the future holds. It would just be difficult to make the case for rejection stick, and public servants tend not to like creating work they can avoid.

Hi guys,

i just applied online and according to my friends who just applied there's no need to attach any document. The website however says I have to attach all the documents within 7 days. I'm a bit confused. Can anybody lemme know what to do? If we have to attach documents what are the ones we need to attach?

thank you in advance

lana

I attached all the required documents that they asked when we fill in the on-line application.

1. Current Document with your photograph and signature, such as current passport

2. Evidence of your current residential address, such as Australian driver licence, bank statement, or utilities statement

3. Birth Certificate, original and translation if it is not in English

4. Evidence of when you first arrived in Australia, previous passport (if any) that you used when you first entered Australia

5. Form 1195 (Identity Declaration)

6. Your photograph that has been endorsed in the back by the person who is making the identity declaration.

When they sent me an email to sit for the test, they also asked me fill form 1399 (Declaration of Service).

My interview was a pleasant chat and my CO explained that I had provided the correct paperwork and met the requirements. She looked up my local council and told me there were 14 people queued up for the next ceremony so she said that I should get in for that one. She then said that the next step was the police check which would take about three weeks - she said it was sometimes quicker but three weeks was about the timescale for people with a common name - and that I should hear back within a month. She said that if I hadn't heard back in a month then give them a call, but otherwise not to worry.

I really have the impression that if you were going to be recommended for being declined then you would have been told and given an opportunity to present counter-arguments. I really can't see them using the argument that you don't intend to live in Australia because you currently live in Australia and nobody can tell what the future holds. It would just be difficult to make the case for rejection stick, and public servants tend not to like creating work they can avoid.

Wow, you had a really nice CO. My CO did not say anything beyond standard documentation. Makes me feel cold, especially after reading 'Australian Citizenship: Our Common Bond' 4 times.

I just hope my CO can follow the standard procedure.

I attached all the required documents that they asked when we fill in the on-line application.

1. Current Document with your photograph and signature, such as current passport

2. Evidence of your current residential address, such as Australian driver licence, bank statement, or utilities statement

4. Evidence of when you first arrived in Australia, previous passport (if any) that you used when you first entered Australia

6. Your photograph that has been endorsed in the back by the person who is making the identity declaration.

When they sent me an email to sit for the test, they also asked me fill form 1399 (Declaration of Service).

In my case, I just followed the description from this link: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/files/

Wow, you had a really nice CO. My CO did not say anything beyond standard documentation. Makes me feel cold, especially after reading 'Australian Citizenship: Our Common Bond' 4 times.

I just hope my CO can follow the standard procedure.

I'm a public servant myself. I know the way bureaucrats think and I'm good at following bureaucratic instructions so I get everything right. This tends to make conversations with public servants quite amiable. Dealing with telecoms companies, on the other hand...

Thank you very much for the detailed info!!

Appreciate it!!

I'm a public servant myself. I know the way bureaucrats think and I'm good at following bureaucratic instructions so I get everything right. This tends to make conversations with public servants quite amiable. Dealing with telecoms companies, on the other hand...

My past interactions with public servants in Australia are all very nice. I remembered my experience with my PR CO was extremely positive. I even wrote a compliment letter for her.

This is my first negative experience... I was slightly unlucky. If I went to my test on time (I was there early), I may have a different CO...

Thank! I was just really confused because my friend who just done it a month ago said she never had to do that. And I really don't enjoy attaching files on online so I was hoping I could skip that step .

On the test date, you do bring all your documents to your case officer. But I think it is safer to upload required documents in advance. Did she get approved very quickly?

On the test date, you do bring all your documents to your case officer. But I think it is safer to upload required documents in advance. Did she get approved very quickly?

Load the documents first but bring the originals to your interview. Make sure the documents cover all the categories as well as adding up to 100 points.

I think so. She never complained anyway. Hmmmm

Load the documents first but bring the originals to your interview. Make sure the documents cover all the categories as well as adding up to 100 points.

I thought I didn't have to attach anything online so I submitted it without having all the documents ready . Now I have only 7 days to get them ready. I actually tried to upload my passport front page today ( the one I used when I applied for my pr) and it was not of the right size ( to my surprise) so I guess I have to compress them. Sigh.

Thanks for for the advice! :)

I thought I didn't have to attach anything online so I submitted it without having all the documents ready . Now I have only 7 days to get them ready. I actually tried to upload my passport front page today ( the one I used when I applied for my pr) and it was not of the right size ( to my surprise) so I guess I have to compress them. Sigh.

Thanks for for the advice! :)

hope this will help

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/fees_forms_appeals/online_apps/guidelines_attaching_documents_citizenship/

Archived